For our international and dynamic team we are looking for a management assistant with a broad and challenging scope of responsibilities.
The responsibilities include supporting the Solution’s co-heads and their team with:
- Day-to-day support on agenda management: ensuring the co-heads (and where necessary the team members) can plan their days for maximum efficiency including:
- breaks & work-life balance;
- making, breaking and interrupting appointments as needed;
- setting reminders for key milestones and deadlines.
- (International) travel logistics;
- Building-up and maintaining CRM system;
- Maintaining project management systems (creation of revenue and cost codes; monitoring of consultant hours booked; administering project costs);
- Maintaining ‘team – spirit’: incl. ensuring team (member) achievements are celebrated as well as organizing team outings.
- Supporting on the organization & hosting of client events;
- Creating basic financial reports.
In addition to these core tasks, there is plenty of room and opportunity for taking initiative in the following areas:
- Thinking along with the co-heads on how to ensure the team’s day-to-day runs smoothly and pleasantly. Ex. the best team meeting structures, how to stay connected in a COVID-world & effectively communicate;
- Ensuring quality standards of client deliveries (editing, proofreading, lay-out work)
- Organizational support of marketing events.
In short we are looking for someone who is able to support the co-heads (and where necessary their team) in managing their time effectively & efficiently, take over the lion’s share of the administrative backbone of the Solution and be a strong social anchor within the team.
Who are you?
As our ideal candidate, you have:
- EU citizenship or work permit;
- Good English & Dutch language skills (both spoken and written);
- Educational background: MBO-4 or HBO;
- Excellent skills in MS Office;
- Excellent in switching between different topics;
- Ability to set clear priorities;
- High level of flexibility, curiosity & proactiveness;
- Self-learner / team spirit.
About Climate & ESG Solutions
We are a relatively new Solution at Ortec Finance focused on integrating climate & ESG into standard financial decision-making. It is led by two co-heads that collaborate closely. The team consists of circa 10 highly skilled professionals with very diverse backgrounds (education, nationality, age, gender). We are a dedicated and ambitious team where innovation, learning and growth are front & center. At the same time work-life balance, personal growth, teamwork, cooperation and supporting each other are core to our values.
For more information visit: https://www.ortecfinance.com/en/solutions/application/climate-esg-solutions.
The vacancy offers more than just a challenge
We offer you a challenging and rewarding role in a growing company, while being part of an inspirational global business. A great working environment and opportunities for personal and professional career development. An active employee association that organizes various activities throughout the year and you will be part of an industry-leading global team, renowned for excellence!
You will earn a competitive salary, depending of course on your job and competency profile. In addition, we offer you excellent benefits, including:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a fixed 13th month;
- participation in a bonus policy;
- participation in the pension scheme;
- 27 vacation days (based on a full-time contract);
- possibility to buy extra vacation days;
- working from the office in Rotterdam;
- travel expenses compensation for your daily commute and business travel;
- a work environment with enthusiastic and fun colleagues!
Who are we?
Working at Ortec Finance means working somewhere else. It means working in a world where colleagues meet; gather knowledge and where likeminded peers are always willing to help each other. Where the organizational culture is friendly, flat and non-political.
Working at Ortec Finance also means working in a continuously innovating world where science, academics and mathematics dominate, since models are key in helping Ortec Finance’ clients with complex financial decisions. Because that is what we love: giving our clients the best advice possible. Where the daily job is very in depth, based on evidence and relevant for society. It means a job that matters. Where the learning curve is steep, so we learn something new every single day. And we need to, because continuous innovation is key. Especially in a fin tech world. We do not necessarily follow all conventions. Because yes, we are a bit rebellious too.
Ortec Finance is the leading provider of technology and solutions for risk and return management. It is our purpose to enable people to manage the complexity of investment decisions. We do this through delivering leading technologies and solutions for investment decision-making to financial institutions around the world. Our strength lies in an effective combination of advanced models, innovative technology and in-depth market knowledge. More at www.ortecfinance.com.
More information or to apply?
For more information regarding this position please contact Maruska John, Recruitment Assistant at +31 10 700 5000. To apply, please use the application button to send us your CV and cover letter.
We hope to meet you soon!
- Experienced Professional