Are you up to the challenge of translating complex business requirements into software solutions? Are you interested in the world of investment? Do you have an affinity with mathematical modeling and/or databases as well as a drive to learn what is at the core of a question? Ortec Finance, a leading global fintech company offers a 7-month program that serves as an introduction to the essentials of consultancy, software development and data analytics. Upon completion of your traineeship, you will continue to develop your skills in one of the three Investment Performance teams that suits you best: Implementation, Client Servicing or Engineering.
The Investment Performance Solution
The Investment Performance department within Ortec Finance focuses on the development, sales, implementation and support of PEARL, our performance attribution software. PEARL enables our clients to conduct in-depth analysis to gain insights in the results of their investment decisions made within a complex investment process. With colleagues based in Toronto, London, Melbourne, Amsterdam and Rotterdam, our Investment Performance solution continues to attract a growing number of leading investment organizations worldwide. We work with large pension funds, asset managers and other global financial institutions, to provide insight on 4 Trillion Euros of assets.
What do we offer?
You will learn about all aspects of our daily operations, by being part of three different teams across 7 months. We offer this traineeship in the Netherlands and in the United Kingdom.
- In the Global Client Support team, you will guide our clients in operating PEARL and address the most pressing requirements on a day-to-day basis.
- In the Global Implementations team, you will support the onboarding of new clients by diving into their specific requirements and tailoring our software to meet their needs.
- In the Engineering team, you will learn about our software development process, upgrades and building customizations, all based on Agile principles.
The program includes a variety of activities, such as:
- Learning to measure and evaluate investment performance and reflect on what this means for investment decisions.
- Develop an understanding of our clients (complex) investment processes.
- Discuss and translate our clients’ needs to analysis in our software.
- Provide support, advice and training to our clients.
- Estimate, plan and develop new features.
- Contribute to the testing and acceptance of implemented functionality.
If you want to learn more about the traineeship, please find here the experience of Alexandar Lalicic.
What’s in it for you?
We offer you a challenging and rewarding role in a growing company, while being part of an inspirational global business with a lot of opportunities for personal and professional career development.
The salary is depending on your job & competency profile and experience. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer you excellent benefits, including:
- An open and informal work environment (Active staff association, annual ski trip, cozy drinks, annual summer, and Christmas party and much more) with inspiring, smart and enthusiastic colleagues
- Opportunities to develop yourself with a training program and weekly research and knowledge meetings
- Working from the office in Rotterdam, Amsterdam, or London (and also the possibility to partly work from your home office
- The prospect of a permanent contract because we strive for a long-term collaboration.
Employees in the United Kingdom:
- Participation in a bonus scheme, participation in the pension scheme with 10% contribution by Ortec Finance, private medical and dental cover, Group Life cover, good working from home arrangements, 27 vacation days (based on a full-time contract), and possibility to buy extra vacation days.
Employees in the Netherlands:
- Fixed 13th month, 8% holiday allowance, participation in a bonus scheme, participation in the pension scheme, commute, and business travel allowance, working from home allowance, 27 vacation days and the possibility to buy more.
Who are you?
You are a strong communicator and interact easily with colleagues and clients. You possess the drive, skills and creativity needed to analyze requirements to their core, and to translate them into accurate development proposals. Also, you have the ability to understand use cases and the working processes of our clients. With your strong analytical skills, you are able to get to the core of their requirements and to place them into the correct context within the total solution. And of course, you recognize yourself in our core values.
In addition, the following aspects are important:
- You hold a bachelor or master’s degree, preferably in an exact science (e.g. Econometrics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or Physics)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, in English (required) and Dutch (advantageous)
- Basic knowledge of MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Affinity with databases, financial modeling and/or design of web applications is considered an advantage
- The same holds for experience within the investment industry and with performance or risk management in particular.
Who are we?
Working at Ortec Finance means working somewhere else. It means working in a world where colleagues meet, gather knowledge and where likeminded peers are always willing to help each other. Where the organizational culture is friendly, flat and non-political.
Working at Ortec Finance also means working in a continuously innovating world where science, academics and mathematics dominate, since models are key in helping Ortec Finance’ clients with complex financial decisions. Because that’s what we love: giving our clients the best advice possible. Where the daily job is very in-dept, based on evidence and relevant for society. It means a job that matters. Where the learning curve is steep; we learn something new every single day. And we need to, because continuously innovation is key. Especially in a fin tech world. We don’t necessarily follow all conventions. Because yes, we are a bit rebellious too.
Ortec Finance is the leading provider of technology and solutions for risk and return management. It is our purpose to enable people to manage the complexity of investment decisions. We do this through delivering leading technologies and solutions for investment decision-making to financial institutions around the world. Our strength lies in an effective combination of advanced models, innovative technology and in-depth market knowledge. More at www.ortecfinance.com.
More information or to apply?
For more information regarding this position please contact the HR department at +31 10 700 5000 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
So, do you want to join Ortec Finance? Please use the application button. Be creative if you want.
We hope to meet you soon!