Are you up to the challenge of translating complex business requirements into software solutions? Are you interested in the world of investment? Do you have an affinity with mathematical modeling and/or databases as well as a drive to learn what is at the core of a question? Ortec Finance, a leading global fintech company offers a 7-month program that serves as an introduction to the essentials of consultancy, software development and data analytics. Upon completion of your traineeship, you will continue to develop your skills in one of the three Investment Performance teams that suits you best: Implementation, Client Servicing or Engineering.
The Investment Performance solution
The Investment Performance department within Ortec Finance focuses on the development, sales, implementation and support of PEARL, our performance attribution software. PEARL enables our clients to conduct in-depth analysis to gain insights in the results of their investment decisions made within a complex investment process. With colleagues based in Toronto, London, Melbourne, Amsterdam and Rotterdam, our Investment Performance solution continues to attract a growing number of leading investment organizations worldwide. We work with large pension funds, asset managers and other global financial institutions, to provide insight on 4 Trillion Euros of assets.
What will you do?
You will learn about all aspects of our daily operations, by being part of three different teams across 7 months:
- In the Global Client Support team, you will guide our clients in operating PEARL and address the most pressing requirements on a day-to-day basis.
- In the Global Implementations team, you will support the onboarding of new clients by diving into their specific requirements and tailoring our software to meet their needs.
- In the Engineering team, you will learn about our software development process, upgrades and building customizations, all based on Agile principles.
The program includes a variety of activities, such as:
- Learning to measure and evaluate investment performance and reflect on what this means for investment decisions.
- Develop an understanding of our clients (complex) investment processes.
- Discuss and translate our clients’ needs to analysis in our software.
- Provide support, advice and training to our clients.
- Estimate, plan and develop new features.
- Contribute to the testing and acceptance of implemented functionality.
If you want to learn more about the traineeship, please find here the experience of Guy Gerards.
Who are you?
You hold a master’s degree, preferably in an exact science (e.g. Econometrics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or Physics). You are a strong communicator and interact easily with colleagues and clients. You possess the drive, skills and creativity needed to analyze requirements to their core, and to translate them into accurate development proposals. You have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, in English (required) and Dutch (advantage).
- Strong analytical skills: ability to get to the core of requirements and to place them into the right context within the total solution.
- The ability to understand use cases and working processes of our clients.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office tools (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Affinity with databases, financial modeling and/or design of web applications is considered an advantage.
- The same holds for experience within the investment industry and with performance or risk management in particular.
This vacancy offers more than just a challenge
We offer you a challenging and rewarding role in a growing company, while being part of an inspirational global business. We offer a great working environment with opportunities for personal and professional career development. Our active employee association organizes various activities throughout the year and you will be part of an industry-leading global team, renowned for excellence!
You will earn a competitive salary, depending of course on your job and competency profile. In addition we offer you excellent benefits, including:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a fixed 13th month;
- participation in a bonus policy;
- participation in the pension scheme;
- 27 vacation days (based on a full-time contract);
- possibility to buy extra vacation days;
- parking at the office in Amsterdam;
- travel expenses compensation for your daily commute and business travel;
- a work environment with enthusiastic and fun colleagues!
Who are we?
Working at Ortec Finance means working somewhere else. It means working in a world where colleagues meet; gather knowledge and where likeminded peers are always willing to help each other. Where the organizational culture is friendly, flat and non-political.
Working at Ortec Finance also means working in a continuously innovating world where science, academics and mathematics dominate, since models are key in helping Ortec Finance’ clients with complex financial decisions. That’s what we love; giving our clients the best advice possible. The daily job is very in-depth, based on evidence and relevant for society, meaning a job that matters. We strive to learn something new every day; this can mean a steep learning curve as we look to continuously innovate, which is at the core of our business. We do not necessarily follow all conventions, because yes; we are a bit rebellious too.
Ortec Finance is the leading provider of technology and solutions for risk and return management. It is our purpose to enable investors to manage the complexity of investment decisions. We do this through delivering leading technologies and solutions for investment decision-making to financial institutions around the world. Our strength lies in an effective combination of advanced models, innovative technology and in-depth market knowledge. Read more at www.ortecfinance.com.
More information or to apply?For more information regarding this position please contact Maruska John, Recruitment Assistant at +31 10 700 5000. To apply, please use the application button to send us your CV and cover letter.
We hope to meet you soon!