Are you up to the challenge of translating complex business requirements into software solutions? Are you interested in the world of investment, have an affinity with databases and/or mathematical modeling and a drive to learn what is at the core of a question? Ortec Finance, a leading fintech company, offers a 7-month program that introduces you to the essentials of consultancy, software development and data analytics. Afterwards you will be able to continue developing your skills in one of the three Investment Performance teams.
The Investment Performance Solution
The Investment Performance department Within Ortec Finance focusses on the development, sales, implementation and support of PEARL, our performance attribution software. PEARL enables our clients to gain insight into the results of their investment decisions, made within a complex investment process. A growing number of leading investment organizations across the globe uses our solution.
What will you do?
You will learn about all aspects of our daily operations, by being part of three different teams within the department. Within the Global Client Support team you will help, advice and train our clients in operating the software. Within the Global Implementations team, you support the onboarding of new clients by diving into their specific requirements and tailoring the software to meet those needs. As a member of the Engineering team, you will learn about our software development process, upgrades and building customizations, all based on Agile principles. The overall program includes a variety of activities, such as:
- Learn to measure and evaluate performance and how to link performance to decisions;
- Discuss and translate our clients’ needs to analyses in our software;
- Provide support, advice and training to our clients;
- Estimate, plan and develop new features;
- Contribute to the testing and acceptance of implemented functionality.
Who are you?
You hold a master’s degree, preferably in an exact science (e.g. Econometrics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or Physics). You are a strong communicator and interact easily with colleagues and clients. You possess the drive, skills and creativity needed to analyze requirements to their core, and to translate them into concrete development proposals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, in English (required) and Dutch (advantage);
- Strong analytical skills: ability to get to the core of requirements and to place them into the right context within the total solution;
- Ability to understand use cases and working processes of our clients;
- Basic knowledge of MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
Affinity with databases, financial modeling and/or design of web applications is considered an advantage. The same holds for experience within the investment industry and with performance or risk management in particular.
The vacancy offers more than just a challenge
We offer you a challenging and rewarding role in a growing company, while being part of an inspirational global business. A great working environment and opportunities for personal and professional career development. An active employee association that organizes various activities throughout the year and you will be part of an industry-leading global team, renowned for excellence!
You will earn a competitive salary, depending of course on your job and competency profile. In addition we offer you excellent benefits, including:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a fixed 13th month;
- participation in a bonus policy;
- participation in the pension scheme;
- 27 vacation days (based on a full-time contract);
- possibility to buy extra vacation days;,/li>
- working from the office in Amsterdam or Rotterdam*;
- travel expenses compensation for your daily commute and business travel;
- a work environment with enthusiastic and fun colleagues!
* Note that although your primary working location will be our Amsterdam or Rotterdam office, we offer a flexible working policy. This includes the option to partially work from home. With the current COVID-19 situation, most of our employees are working from home.
What can you expect from Ortec Finance
Ortec Finance is a global provider of technology and solutions for financial institutions. We help clients make better investment decisions. We support pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, insurers, banks, asset managers, financial planners and real estate managers across the globe.
Our organization employs highly-educated employees and invests in their careers. Our corporate culture is open and informal; we are always receptive to good ideas. We offer you plenty of room to fully apply your talents and highly value an entrepreneurial spirit.
More at www.ortecfinance.com.
More information or to apply?For more information regarding this position please contact Maartje Elderhuis, HR Business Partner, at +31 10 700 5000. To apply, please use the application button to send us your CV and cover letter.
We hope to meet you soon!