We are looking for an experienced sales and business development executive with extensive industry relationships who will be tasked with growing the Ortec Finance business in Canada.
The primary focus will be the development and execution of comprehensive business development plans targeting wealth management firms, banks, discount brokers and multiple technology partners that can integrate our capabilities into existing platforms. You will report directly to our Chief Commercial Officer.
What will you do as VP Business Development in Canada?
- Responsible for all sales stages, from prospect to deal closure;
- Maintain a consistently high level of outbound activity (e.g. prospecting, networking) to ensure an adequate pipeline of new and existing opportunities;
- Identify and uncover new prospects and approach multiple levels within an organization – including C-Suite individuals and functional specialists;
- Proactively contact existing clients and centers of influence to develop trust-based relationships at multiple levels within their organizations and inform them (cross-sell) on developments in Ortec Finance’s products / solutions;
- Lead presentations, client meetings, and requests for proposals;
- Work with internal teams in analyzing, pre-screening new opportunities and pitching for new opportunities;
- Maintain both high visibility and steady communication with clients and prospects to assess ongoing needs, changes / developments in their business, and notable occurrences within the industry;
- Investigate, enter into and maintain partnerships in the region.
- Network with clients, prospects, and industry peers to gather market intelligence / research and identify trends and needs in the marketplace and industry;
- Serve as an ambassador of the Company by actively participating and presenting at industry conferences, events and seminars in order to promote the business and its solutions;
- Analyze industry conditions and developments in order to understand and maintain a competitive position in the marketplace;
- As required, assist other colleagues with ad hoc initiatives / projects in sales, marketing, and administration;
- Actively seek cooperation and alignment with the relevant stakeholders within the company.
This is what you contribute as a VP Business Development
- Degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. Business / Commerce, Economics, MBA, etc.);
- 8 to 10 years of prior experience working in a sales / business development roles; of which a minimum of 4 to 6 years were with wealth management or financial planning firms;
- Prior experience managing complex “solution-sale” with: long cycles (9 months and up), large dollar amounts, multiple stakeholders, and tailored client solutions;
- Established contacts with wealth management firms, banks and family offices;
- Consultative selling / solution selling experience;
- Having knowledge of the various sectors of the Canadian market, key industry players, different client markets, industry suppliers and the types of products / services / solutions offered in the market;
- Track record of leading complex client negotiations that result in mutually beneficial / win-win outcomes and ongoing positive working relationships with clients.
- Capable of developing and delivering presentations that demonstrate a clear, comprehensive and logical progression of ideas and information;
- Strong understanding of: investment trends, strategic planning, asset classes, portfolio management, capital markets, economics and risk management;
- Strong grasp of the types of decisions institutional investors face and the types of solutions that can be used to support their decision-making requirements.
- Success driven and capable of managing oneself demonstrated by being: accountable, tenacious, proactive/ self-motivated, and disciplined in executing strategic business / sales plans;
- Entrepreneurial spirit/self-starter; exudes an optimistic and enthusiastic attitude coupled with a hands-on approach to building businesses / lines of business, working and solving problems;
- Team player who is able to effectively work cross-functionally with various individuals and stakeholders (e.g. clients, colleagues, project teams, external third parties), in multiple locations around the globe;
- Strong customer-service orientation coupled with the ability to properly understand the client organization, and develop deep working relationships with key executives;
- Demonstrates professionalism and readily engenders trust; exhibits a consultative approach to working with others;
- Strong oral/written communication skills; speaks, actively listens and writes in a clear, concise and logical manner;
- Open-minded and willing to listen to others’ ideas / opinions; receptive to different viewpoints and suggestions; aware of and respectful towards cultural differences;
- Good intuition; able to sense the client needs / “paint points” that aren’t explicitly articulated;
- Capable of remaining flexible and adaptive in the face of changing information and situations;
- Naturally inquisitive with the ability to think independently, logically form conclusions, and make sensible decisions;
- Exemplifies ethical behavior and business practices, and ensures all actions align with both the values of the Ortec Finance, and fiduciary duties to clients;
- Exhibits high integrity and self-awareness in all interactions, both personally and professionally.
The vacancy offers more than just a challenge
We offer you a challenging and rewarding role in a growing company, while being part of an inspirational global business. A great working environment and opportunities for personal and professional career development. An active employee association that organizes various activities throughout the year and you will be part of an industry-leading global team, renowned for excellence!
You will earn a competitive salary, depending of course on your job and competency profile. In addition, we offer you excellent benefits, including:
- participation in a bonus policy;
- participation to the pension scheme;
- comprehensive health and dental and basic life insurance;
- working from the office in Toronto;
- a working from home allowance;
- a work environment with enthusiastic and fun colleagues.
Who are we?
Working at Ortec Finance means working somewhere else. It means working in a world where colleagues meet; gather knowledge and where likeminded peers are always willing to help each other. Where the organizational culture is friendly, flat and non-political.
Working at Ortec Finance also means working in a continuously innovating world where science, academics and mathematics dominate, since models are key in helping Ortec Finance’ clients with complex financial decisions. Because that is what we love: giving our clients the best advice possible. Where the daily job is very in-dept, based on evidence and relevant for society. It means a job that matters. Where the learning curve is steep, we learn something new every single day. And we need to, because continuously innovation is key. Especially in a fin tech world. We don’t necessarily follow all conventions. Because yes, we are a bit rebellious too.
Ortec Finance is the leading provider of technology and solutions for risk and return management. It is our purpose to enable people to manage the complexity of investment decisions. We do this through delivering leading technologies and solutions for investment decision-making to financial institutions around the world. Our strength lies in an effective combination of advanced models, innovative technology and in-depth market knowledge. More at www.ortecfinance.com.
More information or to apply?
For more information regarding this position please contact Maruska John, Recruitment Assistant at +31 10 700 5000. To apply, please use the application button to send us your CV and cover letter.
We hope to meet you soon!
- Experienced Professional