Did you start the year with the good resolution to switch to a more challenging job? If so, read on to see what we can offer you.
Ortec Finance helps clients make better investment decisions and thus achieve their objectives. The technologies and solutions always fulfil the latest requirements. Ortec Finance is thus always on the move, which creates opportunities for its own employees and for you as HR Business Partner. Are you an independent, proactive and strong discussion partner who sees opportunities and understands what is necessary to achieve them? Then this is the job for you!
As HR Business Partner, you are part of the (relatively new) HR team that consists of you, an HR Director, another HR Business Partner, a Corporate Recruiter and two HR Support staff. Within Ortec Finance, HR is in a transition phase. You will therefore be given plenty of scope to raise the profile of HR and anchor it in the business. This requires the flexibility to switch fast between operational and tactical activities. Your unifying personality, entrepreneurial approach, analytical ability and energy add a great deal to this environment.
As HR Business Partner, you have the following responsibilities:
- advising team leaders on HR policy and HR themes like retention, absenteeism and employability, performance, remuneration, education and development;
- contributing ideas and advising on process improvements relating to HR, for both the Dutch and international offices;
- taking part in HR projects concerning the accumulation of HR tools (e.g. SPP, talent management and onboarding);
Who is Ortec Finance?
Ortec Finance is the leading provider of technology and solutions for risk and return management. It is our purpose to enable people to manage the complexity of investment decisions. We do this through delivering leading technologies and solutions for investment decision-making to financial institutions around the world. Our strength lies in an effective combination of advanced models, innovative technology and in-depth market knowledge. This combination of skills and expertise supports investment professionals in achieving a better risk-return ratio and thus better results. Headquartered in Rotterdam, Ortec Finance has offices Amsterdam, London, Toronto, Hong Kong, Zurich and in Melbourne.
You obviously want to know what it's like to work at Ortec Finance. You work with well-qualified professionals in an informal and international setting, in which humour and the ability to laugh at yourself are important elements.
Your base in Rotterdam is easy to reach on public transport. From Rotterdam Blaak station, for example, it's just a few minutes' walk to the 'Willemswerf' office building on the Maas. The building also has a multi-storey car park, which you may use.
The vacancy offers more than just a challenge:
We offer you an interesting and independent job in a growing, international and inspiring organisation. A pleasant working environment and plenty of opportunities at both personal and professional level. This position gives you the opportunity to shape your role by using your own talent and ambitions. We have an active staff association, which organises various activities throughout the year.
We also offer excellent terms of employment:
- challenging and varied work for between 32 and 40 hours a week;
- annual gross salary between € 40,000 and € 70,000 on a full-time basis (including a fixed 13th month);
- 8% holiday allowance;
- participation in a bonus policy;
- participation to the pension scheme;
- 27 vacation days (on a full-time contract) and the possibility to buy extra vacation days;
- travel expenses compensation for your daily commute and business travel;
- a work environment with enthusiastic and fun colleagues!
This is what you contribute as an HR Business Partner:
- higher Professional/University qualifications and completed relevant studies;
- at least 5 years' experience as a general HR advisor;
- a good command of Dutch and English and enjoy working in an international environment. Good to know that the working language within the HR department is Dutch;
- experience in a financial or IT environment and with well-qualified professionals is a bonus;
- you have good communication and analytical skills, you understand complex situations and can justify decisions;
- you are practical and flexible. A varied job requiring you to switch between operational, tactical and strategic matters gives you energy.
More information or to apply?
For more information regarding this position please contact Annemarie de Jonge, Corporate Recruiter via +31 10 700 5495. To apply, please use the application button to send us your CV and cover letter.
We are looking forward to meet you soon!