Are you looking for an innovative and dynamic workplace where you will be given plenty of responsibilities and opportunities to further develop your skills? Are you close to or in possession of a university degree in a scientific discipline (Econometrics, Informatics, Mathematics, Physics or similar)? Then look no further and apply for the position of Junior Business Consultant in our Investment Performance Solution, working from the Ortec Finance office in Toronto!
The Investment Performance Solution
Within Ortec Finance, the Investment Performance Solution focusses on the implementation and support of our performance evaluation software. This high-quality, self-developed product enables investment organizations across the globe, such as pension funds and asset managers, to carry out their own return and risk analysis.
What will you do as Junior Consultant?
As a Junior Consultant within our Investment Performance Solution, you will:
- Work in a small team of dedicated professionals;
- Learn to measure and evaluate performance and how to link performance to decisions;
- Discuss and translate our clients’ needs to analyses in our software;
- Provide support to our clients;
- Provide advice and training to our clients;
- Develop interfaces to allow our system to calculate the analyses;
- Take care of customization by developing new functionalities, when necessary;
- Contribute to product demonstrations;
- You will regularly alternate your work from our offices with client visits.
Who are you?
You are in possession of a university degree in a scientific discipline (Econometrics, Informatics, Mathematics, Physics or similar). You enjoy being in contact with clients and you are interested in the world of finance. In addition, you also:
- Possess good social and communicative skills;
- Possess analytical skills: you are able to think one step ahead;
- Possess good team player skills;
- Have experience working with Excel;
- Have experience with and a willingness to program;
- Possess a good command of the English language, both in speaking and writing. Excellent command is a major plus;
If you have knowledge and experience working with Oracle (SQL), we would consider this to be an advantage.
What can you expect from Ortec Finance
Ortec Finance is a global provider of technology and solutions for financial institutions. We help clients to make better investment decisions. We support pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, insurers, banks, asset managers, financial planners and real estate managers across the globe.
Our organization employs highly-educated employees and invests in their careers. Our corporate culture is open and informal; we are always receptive to good ideas. We offer you plenty of room to fully apply your talents and highly value an entrepreneurial spirit.
Terms of employment
We offer you a challenging and rewarding role in a growing company, while being part of an inspirational global business. A great working environment and opportunities for personal and professional career development. An active employee association that organizes various activities throughout the year and you will be part of an industry-leading global team, renowned for excellence!
You will earn a competitive salary, depending of course on your job and competency profile. In addition we offer you excellent benefits, including:
- participation in a bonus policy;
- participation to the pension scheme;
- 15 vacation days (on a full-time contract);
- comprehensive health and dental and basic life insurance;
- working from the office in Toronto;
- travel expenses compensation for business related travel;
Who is Ortec Finance
Ortec Finance is the leading provider of technology and solutions for risk and return management. It is our purpose to enable people to manage the complexity of investment decisions. We do this through delivering leading technologies and solutions for investment decision-making to financial institutions around the world. Our strength lies in an effective combination of advanced models, innovative technology and in-depth market knowledge. This combination of skills and expertise supports investment professionals in achieving a better risk-return ratio and thus better results.
Headquartered in Rotterdam, Ortec Finance has offices Amsterdam, London, Toronto, Hong Kong and in Zurich.
- 20+ countries represented
- 500+ customers
- 96% retention rate
- 3 trillion euro total assets managed by our clients
More information is available at www.ortecfinance.com
More information or to apply?
For more information regarding this position please contact Elaine Millson at +1 416 736 4955. To apply, please use the application button to send us your CV and cover letter.
We hope to meet you soon!