Junior ConsultantWe are looking for a junior consultant within our investment performance team
We are looking for a junior consultant within our investment performance team, where you will be blending financial markets with our industry leading technology in a dynamic and innovative environment.
|Junior consultant||Starter||32 – 40 hours||United Kingdom|
Your responsibilities will include:
- Measuring and analysing investment performance and translating our clients’ needs to solutions
- Implementing our software with our clients and providing them with adequate support after the implementation phase
- Operate alongside the performance teams of our clients, pension schemes, fund managers by managing and configuring our software, validating data, being actively involved in the latest market developments and providing monthly investment performance reports to our clients
- Contributing to product demonstrations
- Providing advice and training to our clients in the use of our software
- Taking care of software customisation by developing new functionalities
Education, experience and skills:
- Undergraduate/Postgraduate university degree in a science specialism (Economics, Mathematics, Physics, Informatics, Data Science, Econometrics)
- Have experience in coding ie. SQL, VBA and/or specific languages
- Have experience working with Excel Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong team player
- Superb analytical skills
- Creative, resourceful, able to think outside the box, resilient and hands on Integrity and professionalism
What can you expect from Ortec Finance
Ortec Finance helps people make better investment decisions. We support pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, insurers, banks, asset managers, financial planners and real estate managers across the globe using our industry leading modelling solutions. This continual focusing on development, embracing technology and blending that with personal engagement, allows us to lead the market in empowering enhanced investment decision making.
The Investment Performance department
Within Ortec Finance, the Investment Performance group focusses on implementing our PEARL software solution. This high-quality, self-developed product enables investment organisations, such as pension funds and asset managers, to carry out their own return and risk analysis. Within the investment performance service team, PEARL is used as an aid to provide our customers with appropriate reports and information. PEARL uses an Oracle database, with which it interacts via SQL. The department is supported by product developers.
What do we offer?
- A challenging and rewarding role in an inspirational global business
- Opportunities for personal and professional career development
- Great working environment, competitive salary and benefits
- Be part of an industry leading global team, renowned for excellence
More information or to apply?
For more information regarding this position please contact Wietske Maat- van Daalen (HR Advisor) at +31 (0)10 – 700 50 00.
To apply, please use the top application button to send us your cover letter and CV. Acquisition on account of this vacancy will not be appreciated.
The selection process
1. Applying for a job
On our website you can either respond to a specific vacancy or you can send us an open application. We like to receive a CV and a cover letter from you. If you are currently a student, we will ask for a report card listing your grades. We will send you a confirmation when we have duly received your application.
Our HR Advisors look at your application and judge whether you fit the required profile and if we may have other job opportunities for you at Ortec Finance. If there is a good fit, your application will be presented to the relevant department. We will subsequently inform you within two weeks about the continuation of the job application process.
Our selection process consists of 2-3 conversations with various employees from our organization. During these talks you will gain more insight into the company, the position and the professional opportunities, while we learn more about who you are, your accomplishments and ambitions. During the process we will, after your approval, ask for a number of references from past employers.An assessment may be part of the selection process. Finally, a pre-employment screening is standard part of the selection process.
4. Let’s get to work!
If the outcome of the selection process is a positive one, you will receive a job offer from us. This offer will be explained to you via telephone by one of our HR advisors. We always strive to complete the entire selection process in two to four weeks.