The Pension Strategy Solution
Pension funds around the globe are confronted with challenging circumstances regarding retirement investment and planning; continued low yields, complex liabilities, regulatory pressure, implementing good governance, and member communication. Ortec Finance provides software and services to help our clients manage these challenges.
The ALM consultants and investment consultants working for the Pension Strategy Solution advise pension funds on their strategic (investment) policy, the practical implementation of this policy and support the funds with the monitoring of short and long term risks.
The consultants of the Pension Strategy Solution make use of the software GLASS, which is developed by Ortec Finance and can be adjusted to the specific circumstances of the pension fund. This high quality software is also implemented at our clients so that they are able to perform analyses independently.
The position of Lead Consultant
As a lead consultant, you are part of the Global Client Servicing team within the Pension Strategy Solution. You are responsible for managing the relationship with our international pension clients and have a leading role in consultancy as well as (software) implementation projects. Together with the team you support our business developers by delivering a contribution to contracts and proposals, and signals developments at your clients which can be relevant from a software development perspective. You will be based in the Netherlands but mainly be working for our international clients.
Who are you?
You hold a master degree, preferably in Finance, Economics or an exact science (e.g. Econometrics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Physics). You have a minimum of 8 years working experience in a role as ALM or investment consultant, or accountmanager within the pension fund industry. You are a strong communicator and interact easily with varying stakeholders. You possess the drive, skills and creativity needed to manage client relationships in an international market which is highly knowledge-driven. You consider it a challenge to help Ortec Finance continue to grow internationally.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, in English (required) and Dutch (advantage);
- Strong client orientation, e.g. examine the wishes and needs of the clients and respond effectively and pro-actively to this;
- Strong project management skills, e.g. being able to manage large complex international projects
- Possesses knowledge of risk management for pension funds and is able to acquire and maintain the necessary expertise within the own work area;
- Team player, able to collaborate with colleagues and clients and together working towards a mutual goal:
- Strive continuously to get results and pushes boundaries;
- Creativity and ability to think out of the box.
Terms of employment
We offer you a job in a challenging and inspiring environment with excellent training and career opportunities. At Ortec Finance you will have the possibility to combine IT, mathematical models and specific market knowledge in your work. You will earn a competitive salary, depending of course on your experience level and competency profile. In addition we offer you excellent secondary benefits, including:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- Fixed 13th month;
- Participation in a bonus policy;
- Participation in the company pension scheme;
- 27 vacation days (on a full-time contract), with the possibility to buy additional vacation days;
- Compensation for your travelling expenses (daily commute and business travel);
- A pleasant working environment with enthusiastic and fun colleagues!
What can you expect from Ortec Finance
Ortec Finance is a global provider of technology and solutions for financial institutions. We enable people to make better investment decisions. We support pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, insurers, banks, asset managers, financial planners and real estate managers across the globe. Our organization employs highly-educated employees and invests in their careers. Our corporate culture is open and informal; we are always receptive to good ideas. We offer you plenty of room to fully apply your talents and highly value an entrepreneurial spirit.
Our head office is located in Rotterdam. In the Netherlands we also have an office in Amsterdam. Our international offices are located in Zürich, London, Toronto and Hong Kong.
More information or apply?
For more information regarding this position please contact Maartje Elderhuis (HR Business Partner) at +31 10 700 50 00. To apply, please use the application button below to send us your cover letter and CV.
We hope to meet you soon!