The Investment Performance Solution
Within Ortec Finance, the Investment Performance (IP) solution is centered around the development, implementation and support of our PEARL software product. Our solution enables our clients to analyze and report on the performance of investment portfolios, and to gain insight into how different investment strategies and decisions contributed to the total result of a portfolio. PEARL is used by a growing number of leading investment organizations across the globe.
The position of Lead Developer
As Lead Database & Model Developer, you are part of the Development team within the IP solution. The team currently consists of database & model specialists, front-end web developers (angular), Backend experts (Java) and a test analyst. The team works based on Agile development principles.
As lead developer you are responsible for all development related to the database and the calculation engine which runs on it. You are able to work independently and can lead and steer the other database & model experts in the team. You have a drive to deliver high quality software, and play a leading role in achieving this goal. Besides being an excellent developer yourself, this includes among others:
- Based on functional requirements, you are able to create a technical design covering all database and calculation aspects of a feature:
- Translate reporting wishes to changes in calculations and algorithms
- Data modeling of configuration parameters and output structures
- Data flow through the application
- You are able to thoroughly understand requirements, and have the ability to oversee the big picture for the software platform as a whole;
- You work closely with solution experts and stakeholders from client servicing teams during refinement, development and acceptance phases;
- Able to steer, coach and train 2-4 other database & model developers;
- You serve as a technical resource to others. You review and give advice concerning database use patterns used in application programs;
- You maintain a competent level of technical knowledge about database management systems, programming fundamentals, programming languages, and structured techniques.
Who are you
- You hold a master or PhD degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or another technical or exact field;
- You have at least 10 years of experience as an Oracle Database Developer, including:
- Logical and physical database design;
- Using, writing, debugging and testing complex SQL statements and PL/SQL algorithms in stored procedures;
- Using unit tests to validate your work;
- Performance tuning and supporting application debugging;
- You have strong mathematical skills and multiple years of practical experience with mathematical modeling, preferably in the area of investment analysis;
- Experience in a lead developer role is considered a strong advantage;
- You have an eye for software quality and write maintainable code;
In addition you have:
- Experience with ETL and reporting processes;
- Experience with multi-tiered and multi-server application architectures;
- Experience with Java ORM techniques and Object Oriented languages is an advantage;
- The ability to quickly come to the core of functional requirements and to create the best fitting technical design;
- The ability to understand use cases and working processes of our clients;
- Good verbal and written communication skills, in English (required) and Dutch (advantage);
What can you expect from Ortec Finance
Ortec Finance is a global provider of technology and solutions for financial institutions. We enable people to make better investment decisions. We support pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, insurers, banks, asset managers, financial planners and real estate managers across the globe. Our organization employs highly-educated employees and invests in their careers. Our corporate culture is open and informal; we are always receptive to good ideas. We offer you plenty of room to fully apply your talents and highly value an entrepreneurial spirit.
Terms of employment
We offer you a job in a challenging and inspiring environment with excellent training and career opportunities. At Ortec Finance you will have the possibility to combine IT, mathematical models and specific market knowledge in your work.
You will earn a competitive salary, fitting with the demanding nature of the Lead Developer role. In addition we offer you excellent secondary benefits, including:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- Fixed 13th month;
- Participation in a bonus policy;
- Participation in the company pension scheme;
- 27 vacation days (on a full-time contract), with the possibility to buy additional vacation days;
- Compensation for your travelling expenses (daily commute and business travel);
- A pleasant working environment with enthusiastic and fun colleagues!
More information or apply?
For more information regarding this position please contact one of our HR colleagues at +31 10 700 50 00. To apply, please use the application button at the top right of the page to send us your cover letter and CV.
We hope to meet you soon!