Masterthesis - Multi-goal based optimization
Ortec Finance has developed an advanced goal-based planning methodology, integrated in both a calculation engine available as an API solution, and an interface for wealth & financial planning. This goal-based methodology projects a client’s current aggregated financial situation (including investment portfolios) towards the future and links assets to financial goals. This projection is based on our proprietary economic scenarios. This projection is used to calculate the feasibility of financial goals and typically to reach an ‘optimum’ financial advice through what-if adjustments to for example a client’s investment strategy or periodic deposit.
A common problem is the optimization of steering variables (e.g. periodic deposit, investment profile) to attain a target feasibility of financial goals, taking into account the fact that multiple, conflicting goals with differing priorities might exist and that there are numerous steering variables available. This multi-objective, multi-variable optimization problem is furthermore constrained by performance (calculation times need to be fast) and advisor demands (needs to be explainable & take into account client preferences regarding steering variables).
The aim of this project is to:
- Develop a robust methodology for optimizing towards multiple, conflicting objectives over multiple steering variables;
- Incorporate various client preferences in defining the optimization domain;
- Maximize computational efficiency of the optimization;
- Demonstrate the added value w.r.t. existing optimization methods and advisor benchmarks.
Requirements for this project are:
- Interest in the application of quantitative methods in finance
- Solid background in mathematics
- Experience with scientific programming languages such as Python
Janssen, Kramer, Boender (2013) - Life Cycle Investing: From Target-Date to Goal-Based Investing
Feldman, Pietrzyk, Rokita (2014) – Multi-objective Optimization of Financing Household Goals with Multiple Investment Programs
What we need from you
To take your application in to account, we would like to receive several documents from you:
- An up to date CV
- Your motivation for Ortec Finance and this assignment
- Information about the requirements in terms of start date, period etc.
- List of marks
More information or to apply?
For more information regarding this position please contact Anne van der Ven (HR Advisor) at +31 10 700 50 00.
To apply, please use the application button below to send us your cover letter and CV.