Are you a developer that is up for a challenge? Are you looking for a position where you can put your analytical skills to the test? Where developing is more than programming and where your software is vital all over the world? Then this vacancy is your chance!
What will you do as our PL/SQL Software Developer?
You are part of a Scrum Team of 8-10 developers. The team creates PEARL, an advanced analysis solution on an Oracle database system. It supports major pension funds and other financial institutions in analyzing and evaluating their investment decisions in the past. PEARL applies mathematical models on delivered input data, such as equity transactions and exchange rates, to produce analysis reports. Users can access these reports with a dedicated Web Portal.
Your day at Ortec Finance:
- Contribute in building new models and ensuring they are correct and fast. Supported by 2-3 experienced PL/SQL developers you will learn how our models and solution work;
- Co-operate with Web developers and test analysts in the team;
- Discuss requirements and designs with stakeholders outside the team;
- Develop, mostly in PL/SQL, on an Oracle database. Apart from that we use and maintain our own tooling (in C++) to generate fast and powerful procedures;
- Continuously improve and update our methods, tools and languages using the latest trends in IT, and share your knowledge and views during our knowledge and brainstorm sessions!
Who are you?
You have a Bachelor or Master degree in a technical, science or engineering field. You have an interest in IT, databases and algorithms.
You also possess:
- 0 - 4 years of practical experience with databases and (PL/)SQL
- Eagerness to put your teeth in complex computational challenges
- Conceptual and innovative capabilities
- Strong communication skills
Experience in finance or knowledge of financial models is helpful but not required.
What do we offer you?
We offer you a job in a challenging and inspiring work environment with excellent training and career opportunities, either on the path towards a specific specialization or more towards project and account management. At Ortec Finance you will have the possibility to combine IT, mathematical models and specific market knowledge in your work!
You will earn a competitive salary, depending of course on your job and competency profile. In addition we offer you excellent benefits, including:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a fixed 13th month;
- participation in a bonus policy;
- a contribution to the pension scheme;
- 27 vacation days (on a full-time contract);
- possibility to buy extra vacation days;
- travel expenses compensation for your daily commute and business travel;
- a work environment with enthusiastic and fun colleagues!
Ortec Finance is a global provider of technology and solutions for financial institutions. We help clients to make better investment decisions. We support pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, insurers, banks, asset managers, financial planners and real estate managers across the globe.
Our organization employs highly-educated employees who invest in their careers. Our corporate culture is open and informal, we are always receptive to good ideas. We offer you plenty of room to fully apply your talents and highly value an entrepreneurial spirit.
More information or to apply? For more information regarding this position please contact Anne van der Ven, HR Business Partner a.i. at +31 10 700 5000. To apply, please use the application button to send us your CV and cover letter.
We hope to meet you soon!