Do you have a passion for the financial markets, want to be part of helping investors understand their climate risk exposure, want to help influencing how investors deploy billions of assets to mitigate climate change? This may be the role for you.
We are looking for a Business Consultant who would like to work with industry leading asset and liability modelling (ALM) software to service the largest pension funds and asset managers globally. If you have the analytical skills ideally gained via actuarial or investment consulting experience or a finance, economics, science-based degree and are a team player, then read on!
Who are you?
- You have a bachelor or master’s degree in Finance, Economics, Econometrics, Actuarial Sciences, Financial Engineering or an exact science (e.g. Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, and Physics).
- You have a 3-5 years of work experience as climate / ESG risk specialist or experience with investment and ALM, with a client-focused attitude to deploy their experience in the important sphere of climate risk.
- You are interested in the financial markets and how sustainability interacts with the markets.
- You have a sound analytical mindset, strong quantitative skills and are eager to learn.
- You would thrive working as part of a business team, to collaborate with colleagues and clients and to work together towards a mutual goal.
- You enjoy working in a team with a start-up mentality. This means you are highly self-sufficient/independent yet having a strong team spirit.
- Being fluent in English is a requirement, as communication with our customers is mainly in English.
What will you do?
As a Business Consultant in our team, you will:
- Perform climate informed ALM analyses;
- Based on these analyses, prepare output, reports and presentations;
- Day-to-day account management of clients and answer their questions with regards to our products;
- Support in preparation and innovating materials to help our clients to understand the results of robust investment decisions taking into account climate risks.
Introducing: Climate & ESG Solutions
Investors around the globe are grappling with climate change risk. How does it impact their balance sheets? How does the way they invest and what they invest in impact climate change? Consider this alongside challenging investment conditions, continued low yields, complex liabilities, regulatory pressure, implementing good governance. Ortec Finance provides services and advice to help our clients manage these challenges.
Climate & ESG solutions at Ortec Finance delivers state-of-the-art customizable solutions for climate resilient investment decision-making. We combine independent, research-backed climate change & ESG knowledge, advanced financial models and innovative technology for:
- Climate scenario analysis
- Climate-aware Strategic Asset Allocation & ALM
- Alignment to Net Zero
- Forward-looking extreme weather risk
- TCFD & regulatory disclosure
We have an international client base of over 60 clients covering well over $1 trillion of assets. There will be an opportunity a very meaningful topic/content with opportunities for an interesting career path within Ortec Finance or beyond. We are a dynamic, young team with and support each other to learn from each other’s expertise. There are many chances to show your capabilities within our organization and to grow to a true Climate Risk Specialist.
The vacancy offers more than just a challenge
We offer you a challenging and rewarding role in a growing company, while being part of an inspirational global business. A great working environment and opportunities for personal and professional career development. An active employee association that organizes various activities throughout the year and you will be part of an industry-leading global team, renowned for excellence!
You will earn a competitive salary, depending of course on your job and competency profile. In addition we offer you excellent benefits, including:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a fixed 13th month;
- participation in a bonus policy;
- participation in the pension scheme;
- 27 vacation days (based on a full-time contract);
- possibility to buy extra vacation days;
- working from the office in Rotterdam, Amsterdam and hybrid;
- travel expenses compensation for your daily commute and business travel;
- a work environment with enthusiastic and fun colleagues!
Who are we?
Working at Ortec Finance means working somewhere else. It means working in a world where colleagues meet, gather knowledge and where likeminded peers are always willing to help each other. Where the organizational culture is friendly, flat and non-political.
Working at Ortec Finance also means working in a continuously innovating world where science, academics and mathematics dominate, since models are key in helping Ortec Finance’ clients with complex financial decisions. Because that’s what we love: giving our clients the best advice possible. Where the daily job is very in-dept, based on evidence and relevant for society. It means a job that matters. Where the learning curve is steep; we learn something new every single day. And we need to, because continuously innovation is key. Especially in a fin tech world. We don’t necessarily follow all conventions. Because yes, we are a bit rebellious too.
Ortec Finance is the leading provider of technology and solutions for risk and return management. It is our purpose to enable people to manage the complexity of investment decisions. We do this through delivering leading technologies and solutions for investment decision-making to financial institutions around the world. Our strength lies in an effective combination of advanced models, innovative technology and in-depth market knowledge. More at www.ortecfinance.com.
More information or to apply?
For more information regarding this position please contact Maruska John, Recruitment Assistant at +31 10 700 5000. To apply, please use the application button to send us your CV and cover letter.
We hope to meet you soon!
- Experienced Professional