Are you up to the challenge of translating complex business requirements into software solutions? Are you interested in the world of investment? Do you have an affinity with mathematical modeling and/or databases as well as a drive to learn what is at the core of a question? Ortec Finance, a leading global fintech company offers a position in the Global Client Servicing team that supports users of our Investment Performance solution. You would operate as a technical solution expert and work closely together with our client service managers.
The Investment Performance Solution
The Investment Performance department within Ortec Finance focuses on the development, sales, implementation and support of PEARL, our performance attribution software. PEARL enables our clients to conduct in-depth analysis to gain insights in the results of their investment decisions made within a complex investment process. With colleagues based in Toronto, London, Melbourne, Amsterdam and Rotterdam, our Investment Performance solution continues to attract a growing number of leading investment organizations worldwide. We work with large pension funds, asset managers and other global financial institutions, to provide insight on 4 Trillion Euros of assets.
Who are you?
You are a strong communicator, able to interact easily with both colleagues and clients. You possess the drive, skills and creativity needed to analyze client’s requirements to their core, placing them into the correct context within the overall solution. You can write functional designs and accurate development proposals based on this analysis. Of course, you should also recognize yourself in our core values.
In addition, the following aspects are important:
- You hold a bachelor’s degree, preferably in an exact science (e.g. Econometrics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or Physics) or business related field (e.g. Finance or Accounting)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Good working knowledge of MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Affinity with databases, financial modeling and/or design of web applications is considered an advantage
- The same holds for experience up to 2 years within the investment industry and with performance or risk management
- Ability to travel as required both domestically and internationally
Who are we?
Working at Ortec Finance means working somewhere else. It means working in a world where colleagues meet, gather knowledge and where likeminded peers are always willing to help each other. Where the organizational culture is friendly, flat and non-political.
Working at Ortec Finance also means working in a continuously innovating world where science, academics and mathematics dominate, since models are key in helping Ortec Finance’s clients with complex financial decisions. That is what we love: giving our clients the best advice possible. Where the daily job is in-depth, evidence based, and relevant for society. It means a job that matters. Where the learning curve is steep; we learn something new every single day. We need to because continuous innovation is key in the fintech world. We do not necessarily follow all conventions because yes, we are a bit rebellious too.
Ortec Finance is the leading provider of technology and solutions for risk and return management. It is our purpose to enable people to manage the complexity of investment decisions. We do this through delivering leading technologies and solutions for investment decision-making to financial institutions around the world. Our strength lies in an effective combination of advanced models, innovative technology and in-depth market knowledge. More at www.ortecfinance.com.
What do we offer?
We offer you a challenging and rewarding role in a growing company, while being part of an inspirational global business with a lot of opportunities for personal and professional career development. The salary is dependent on your role, competency profile, and experience. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer you excellent benefits, including:
- An open and informal work environment (Active staff association, staff social events, annual summer and Christmas party and much more) with inspiring, smart and enthusiastic colleagues
- Opportunities to develop yourself with a training program as well as weekly research and knowledge meetings
- Working from the office in Melbourne, Australia (with possibility for some remote work).
Employees in Australia:
- Participation in a bonus scheme, participation in the pension scheme, 27 vacation days (based on a full-time contract), allowance for health insurance, training and education possibilities.
Ortec Finance is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law. If and as required by applicable law, all persons hired to work at Ortec Finance will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the location for which they have an offer to work and to complete the necessary employment eligibility verification documents upon hire.
Need more information or want to apply?
For more information regarding this position please contact Maruska John, Recruitment Assistant at +31 10 700 5000. To apply, please use the application button to send us your CV and cover letter.
So, do you want to join Ortec Finance? Please use the application button. Be creative if you want.
We hope to meet you soon!