Are you the passionate about front-end development and do you like working on complex web applications? Then join our front-end team!
What will you do as front-end software engineer?
You will use front-end technologies Angular, Type Script and HTML 5 to develop new, front-end features within our sophisticated and complex financial planning solution. As part of the front-end Scrum Team, you will create maintainable code that meets our high technical standard and fits well within our Java Enterprise/Angular web platform. Of course, you will constantly develop yourself by discovering and applying new technologies and coding practices. You regularly share your new insights with your colleagues in knowledge and brainstorm sessions.
You will cooperate with other front-end developers, the UI/UX designer, business analyst, test analyst, back-end Scrum Team members, Product Owner and stakeholders of the product. Together, we are responsible for the Goal Based Planning solution. It enables goal-based financial planning by using top-notch calculations within an intuitive user interface. With our software, we help financial institutions to translate personal goals of their clients into an optimal financial plan. We are growing fast and are constantly researching and applying new front-end techniques to keep optimizing our technical quality standard. We have a flat organization structure and our entire solution acts as one team towards success. Within this role, you get the opportunity to develop yourself further towards a senior developer level.
What makes you successful as front-end software engineer?
- you have a Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, or in another technical, science or engineering field;
- good conceptual and innovative capabilities;
- good communication skills (in Dutch and/or English);
- dedication to excellence and a strong sense of responsibility;
- a continuous learning mindset;
- cooperative skills and affinity with working in an agile environment;
- You must be a Dutch citizen or Dutch permanent resident to be considered for this opportunity.
Terms of employment
We offer you a challenging and rewarding role in a growing company, while being part of an inspirational global business. A great working environment and opportunities for personal and professional career development. An active employee association that organizes various activities throughout the year and you will be part of an industry-leading global team, renowned for excellence! You will earn a competitive salary, depending of course on your job and competency profile.
In addition, we offer you excellent benefits, including:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a fixed 13th month;
- participation in a bonus policy;
- participation to the pension scheme;
- 27 vacation days (on a full-time contract);
- possibility to buy extra vacation days;
- working from the office in Rotterdam;
- travel expenses compensation for your daily commute and business travel;
- a work environment with enthusiastic and fun colleagues!
Who is Ortec Finance?
Ortec Finance is the leading provider of technology and solutions for risk and return management. It is our purpose to enable people to manage the complexity of investment decisions. We do this through delivering leading technologies and solutions for investment decision-making to financial institutions around the world. Our strength lies in an effective combination of advanced models, innovative technology and in-depth market knowledge. This combination of skills and expertise supports investment professionals in achieving a better risk-return ratio and thus better results.
Headquartered in Rotterdam, Ortec Finance also has offices in Amsterdam, London, Toronto, Melbourne and Zurich.
- 20+ countries represented
- 500+ customers
- 96% retention rate
- 3 trillion euro total assets managed by our clients
More information is available at www.ortecfinance.com.
More information or to apply?For more information regarding this position please contact Maruska John, Recruitment Assistant at +31 10 700 5000. To apply, please use the application button to send us your CV and cover letter.
We hope to meet you soon!