Do you want to work at a fast-growing international company, and do you have an affinity with finance and quantitative analytics? Do you want to use your skills to work with the latest technology in the field of Finance, Climate and Analytics? Don’t wait and apply for the function of:
Junior Quantitative Analyst - Climate & ESG
What do we have to offer
Our Climate and ESG Solutions (CES) Quantitative Team has a new opening! The CES Quant Team is a small, highly independent and ambitious team that models economic climate scenarios and produces datasets to get insight into what risks a customer might face due to climate change.
As a Junior Quantitative Financial Analyst, you will:
- Support the preparation and calibration of economic climate scenarios.
- Support the preparation of datasets containing insights on climate-related risks and opportunities.
- Assist fellow team members in developing and maintaining climate scenario modelling tools and methodologies.
- Collaborate with different stakeholders to support the development of client-specific solutions.
The Climate and ESG Solutions Team
Investors around the globe are grappling with climate change risk. How does it impact their balance sheets? How does the way they invest and what they invest in impact climate change? Consider this alongside challenging investment conditions, continued low yields, complex liabilities, regulatory pressure, and implementing good governance. Ortec Finance provides services and advice to help our clients manage these challenges.
The Climate & ESG solutions team at Ortec Finance delivers state-of-the-art customizable solutions for climate-resilient investment decision-making. We combine independent, research-backed climate change & ESG knowledge, advanced financial models and innovative technology for:
- Climate scenario analysis
- Climate-aware Strategic Asset Allocation & ALM
- Alignment to Net Zero
- Forward-looking extreme weather risk
- TCFD & regulatory disclosure
We have an international client base of over 80 clients covering over $4 trillion of assets. Our team sometimes faces tight deadlines, so there will be chances to shine and show your true capability. There will be an opportunity to work on a meaningful topic/content with opportunities for an exciting career path within Ortec Finance or beyond.
Who are you?
The ideal candidate is keenly interested in applying their quantitative skills to solve climate-change-related challenges in the financial industry, although prior work experience in this area is optional.
Requirements for this position are:
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in a quantitative discipline. Suitable fields of study include, but are not limited to, Econometrics, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or similar areas of expertise.
- 0-2 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with at least one programming language. Proficiency in Python is highly desirable.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with attention to detail and the ability to think creatively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Having an affinity with finance is a must.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess the following behavioral qualities:
- Strong self-awareness, resourcefulness, motivation, pro-activity, and a keen desire to learn.
- Willingness to take ownership and accountability for projects.
- Ability to work independently and take the initiative while also being a team player.
- Strong communication skills and commitment to collaborative work.
- Alignment with the company’s core values.
What’s in it for you?
We offer you a challenging and rewarding role in a growing company while being part of an inspirational global business with many opportunities for personal and professional career development.
The salary range is 45.000 – 50.000 EUR (annual gross including 8% holiday allowance) for a full-time contract, depending on your role, competency profile and experience. This excludes the excellent benefits described below:
- Fixed 13th month, participation in a bonus scheme, participation in the pension scheme, commute, and business travel allowance, working from home allowance, 27 vacation days and the possibility to buy more.
- The prospect of a permanent contract because we strive for a long-term collaboration.
- Working from the office in Rotterdam or Amsterdam, and partly working from your home office (optional).
- An open and informal work environment (Active staff association, annual ski trip, staff social events, annual summer and Christmas party and much more) with inspiring, bright, and enthusiastic colleagues.
- Opportunities to develop yourself with training programs and weekly research and knowledge meetings.
About Ortec FinanceWorking at Ortec Finance means working somewhere else. It means working in a world where colleagues meet and gather knowledge, like-minded peers are always willing to help each other, and the organizational culture is friendly, flat and non-political.
Working at Ortec Finance also means working in a continuously innovating world where science, academics and mathematics dominate since models are key in helping Ortec Finance’s clients with complex financial decisions. Because that is what we love: giving our clients the best advice possible. The daily job is in-depth, based on evidence and relevant to society. It means a job that matters. Where the learning curve is steep, we learn something new daily. And we need to because continuous innovation is vital, especially in the fintech world. We don’t necessarily follow all conventions because we are a bit rebellious too.
Ortec Finance is the leading provider of technology and solutions for risk and return management. It is our purpose to enable people to manage the complexity of investment decisions. We do this by delivering leading technologies and solutions for investment decision-making to financial institutions around the world. Our strength lies in an effective combination of advanced models, innovative technology and in-depth market knowledge. This combination of skills and expertise supports investment professionals in achieving a better risk-return ratio and, thus, better results. Headquartered in Rotterdam, The Netherlands, we also have offices in Amsterdam, London, Toronto, Zurich, New York, and Melbourne. Read more about Ortec Finance.
More information or to apply?
For more information regarding this position, please get in touch with Maruska John, Recruitment Assistant, at +31 10 700 5000. To apply, please use the application button to send us your CV and cover letter.
We hope to meet you soon!
- Young Professional