Are you ready for the next step? Would you like to join an international team where you can further develop yourself and our software solutions? If so, we have an excellent opportunity for you.
We are looking for a Lead Business Analyst to join the PEARL engineering team based in The Netherlands. This team is responsible for the research and development of our flagship product PEARL, used by financial institutions across the globe that want in-depth performance analytics.
What do we have to offer?
As a Lead Business Analyst you play a key role in the product development process, which is based on Agile principles. You help to translate our business strategy into appropriate solutions that meet market expectations and will help us to grow our client base. You gather functional requirements for upcoming development topics, working closely with various stakeholders.
Contribute to discussions on roadmap, release planning and backlog priorities
- You organize and lead workshops and training sessions to outline challenges, opportunities, and solutions for internal and external stakeholders
- You closely work together with colleagues from the business, IT and other relevant stakeholders to optimize our refinement processes
- You work within (a) project(s) to ensure all functional aspects of new features are available in sufficient detail to estimate the development work
- You participate in test strategy and plan sessions
- During development, act as the first line of contact for functional questions
What’s in it for you?
We offer you a challenging and rewarding role in a growing company, while being part of an inspirational global business. While being part of the Engineering Team there will be substantial interaction with our client servicing teams based in The Netherlands, UK, Canada, and Australia. Our PEARL solution enables clients to analyze the performance of their investment portfolios, and to gain insight into how different investment strategies and decisions contributed to their overall performance. An ever-changing world that requires continuous research & development and offers you both professional and personal growth opportunities along the way.
The salary range is € 70.000 – € 130.000 on yearly basis (including variable pay, 13th month, 8% holiday allowance), dependent on your role, competency profile and experience.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer you excellent benefits, including:
- An open and informal work environment (Active staff association, annual ski trip, staff social events, annual summer and Christmas party and much more) with inspiring, smart and enthusiastic colleagues
- Opportunities to develop yourself with a training program as well as weekly research and knowledge meetings
- Hybrid working (Working from the office in Amsterdam or Rotterdam with possibility to partly work from your home office)
- The prospect of a permanent contract, because we strive for a long-term collaboration
- Fixed 13th month, 8% holiday allowance, participation in a bonus scheme, participation in the pension scheme, commute and business travel allowance, working from home allowance, 27 vacation days and the possibility to buy more.
Who are you?
You are interested in software development processes and the financial markets. With your sound analytical mindset, strong quantitative skills and eagerness to learn you dive into your work. You’re able to translate functional requests into core requirements, in the context of the overall solution and strategy. You enjoy working together in projects with your team members, clients, and other stakeholders. This is also reflected in strong organizational and communication skills. And of course, you recognize yourself in our core values.
In addition, the following aspects are important:
- You have a master’s degree in an exact science (e.g. Econometrics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Physics)
- You have 5-8 years of relevant work experience and have a basic understanding of agile development processes
- Affinity with databases, financial modeling and/or design of web applications is considered a strong advantage. The same holds for experience within the investment industry and with performance or risk management in particular
- Being fluent in English is a requirement, command of the Dutch language is a pre
Who are we?
Ortec Finance is the leading provider of technology and solutions for risk and return management. It is our purpose to enable people to manage the complexity of investment decisions. We do this through delivering leading technologies and solutions for investment decision-making to financial institutions around the world. Our strength lies in an effective combination of advanced models, innovative technology and in-depth market knowledge. Read more about Ortec Finance.
Working at Ortec Finance means working in a world where colleagues meet, gather knowledge and where likeminded peers are always willing to help each other. Together we build solutions that are relevant for society and our future.
Working at Ortec Finance also means working in a continuously innovating world where science, academics and mathematics dominate, since models are key in helping Ortec Finance’ clients with complex financial decisions. We learn something new every single day. And we need to, because continuous innovation is key. Especially in a fin tech world.
More information or do you want to apply?
For more information regarding this position please contact Elske van de Burgt, Managing Director at +31 10 700 5000 or send an email to email@example.com.
We hope to meet you soon!
- Experienced Professional