For our Climate and ESG Solutions team we are looking for a
Senior Software Developer - Climate & ESG Solutions
What will you do as a senior software developer for Climate & ESG Solutions?
The Climate & ESG Solutions team at Ortec Finance is looking for a senior developer to guide our growing technology needs – from system architecture design, to developing software for delivering new solutions to market, to building and leveraging open source technology. Join a fast-growing team working on integrating climate and broader ESG into financial models and technology.
Who are you?
In order to be successful in this function, you:
- have a Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, or in another technical, science or engineering field;
- have 5+ years’ experience working in IT
- are experienced with systems architecture and in programming
- have a clear technical vision and you radiate this to your peers
- have a quality-first mindset
- have a structured way of working, even under time pressure
- demonstrate a high level of curiosity and pro-activeness
- are a self-learner with a good sense of team spirit
- have knowledge of Python and PowerBI
- can quickly learn new technologies
- are a EU citizen or you have a residence & work permit to work in the Netherlands
- have excellent English language skills (written and spoken)
- have excellent communication skills
In addition to these qualifications, it is a benefit to have:
- Knowledge of Containers, Databases, and/or ETL tooling
- Experience in scrum or likewise
- Experience with building open source software
- Good fit with our start-up mentality
What do we offer you?
Guiding our team’s tech/software development and maintenance needs is a challenging and inspirational job opportunity for an experienced software engineer who can apply their skills and creativity to help the team convert innovative solutions from concept into scalable solutions. The climate and ESG field is a fast-paced and growing theme among our financial sector clients. We expect continuous needs for sophisticating existing solutions, while also designing new products altogether.
The role therefore requires close teamwork with the methodological experts in our team, as well as the client servicing team and the broader technology strategy of Ortec Finance. Your responsibility will be to guide our team’s tech strategy decisions and implement the associated software development needs in a timely and efficient manner.
Terms of employment
We offer you a challenging and rewarding role in a growing company, while being part of an inspirational global business. A great working environment and opportunities for personal and professional career development. An active employee association that organizes various activities throughout the year and you will be part of an industry-leading global team, renowned for excellence!
You will earn a competitive salary, depending of course on your job and competency profile. In addition, we offer you excellent benefits, including:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a fixed 13th month;
- participation in a bonus policy;
- participation to the pension scheme;
- 27 vacation days (on a full-time contract);
- possibility to buy extra vacation days;
- working from the office in Amsterdam or Rotterdam;
- travel expenses compensation for your daily commute and business travel;
- a work environment with enthusiastic and fun colleagues!
Who is Ortec Finance?
Ortec Finance is the leading provider of technology and solutions for risk and return management. It is our purpose to enable people to manage the complexity of investment decisions. We do this through delivering leading technologies and solutions for investment decision-making to financial institutions around the world. Our strength lies in an effective combination of advanced models, innovative technology and in-depth market knowledge. This combination of skills and expertise supports investment professionals in achieving a better risk-return ratio and thus better results.
Headquartered in Rotterdam, Ortec Finance also has offices in Amsterdam, London, Toronto, Melbourne and Zurich.
- 20+ countries represented
- 500+ customers
- 96% retention rate
- 3 trillion euro total assets managed by our clients
More information is available at www.ortecfinance.com.
About Climate & ESG Solutions
We are a relatively new Solution at Ortec Finance focused on integrating climate & ESG into standard financial decision-making. Two co-heads that collaborate closely lead it. The team consists of circa 10 highly skilled professionals with very diverse backgrounds (education, nationality, age, gender). We are a dedicated and ambitious team where innovation, learning and growth are front & center. At the same time work-life balance, personal growth, teamwork, cooperation and supporting each other are core to our values.
For more information visit: https://www.ortecfinance.com/en/solutions/climate-esg-solutions.
More information or to apply?
For more information regarding this position please contact Maruska John, Recruitment Assistant at +31 10 700 5000. To apply, please use the application button to send us your CV and cover letter.
We hope to meet you soon!
- Experienced Professional