Are you up to the challenge of translating complex business requirements into software solutions? Are you interested in the world of investment? Do you have an affinity with mathematical modeling and/or databases as well as a drive to learn what is at the core of a question? Ortec Finance, a leading global fintech company offers a 7-month program that serves as an introduction to the essentials of consultancy, software development and data analytics. Upon completion of your traineeship, you will continue to develop your skills in one of the three Investment Performance focuses that suits you best: client projects, client servicing or technical support.
The Investment Performance Solution
The Investment Performance department within Ortec Finance focuses on the development, sales, implementation and support of PEARL, our performance attribution software. PEARL enables our clients to conduct in-depth analysis to gain insights in the results of their investment decisions made within a complex investment process. With colleagues based in Toronto, London, Melbourne, Amsterdam and Rotterdam, our Investment Performance solution continues to attract a growing number of leading investment organizations worldwide. We work with large pension funds, asset managers and other global financial institutions, to provide insight on 4 trillion Euros of assets.
What do we offer?
You will learn about all aspects of our daily operations, by being part of three different teams across 7 months. We are currently offering this traineeship in our Toronto office.
- In the client services team, you will guide our clients in operating PEARL and address the most pressing requirements on a day-to-day basis
- In the client projects focus, you will support new and existing clients by diving into their specific requirements and tailoring our software to meet their needs
- In the Business Support team, you will learn about our software development process, upgrades and building customizations, all based on Agile principles
- Travel to our offices in the UK and the Netherlands for part of your traineeship
The program includes a variety of activities, such as:
- Learning to measure and evaluate investment performance and reflect on what this means for investment decisions
- Develop an understanding of our clients (complex) investment processes
- Discuss and translate our clients’ needs to analysis in our software
- Provide support, advice and training to our clients
- Estimate, plan and develop new features
- Contribute to the testing and acceptance of implemented functionality
If you want to learn more about the traineeship, please find here the experience of Alexandar Lalicic.
What’s in it for you?We offer you a challenging and rewarding role in a growing company, while being part of an inspirational global business with a lot of opportunities for personal and professional career development.
The salary is depending on your job & competency profile and experience. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer you excellent benefits, including:
- An open and informal work environment with inspiring, smart and enthusiastic colleagues
- Opportunities to develop yourself with a training program and weekly research and knowledge meetings
- Hybrid working (you have the option to partly work from your home office)
- Participation in a pension plan, private medical insurance, also for family members , 15 leave days per year
Who are you?You are a strong communicator and interact easily with colleagues and clients. You possess the drive, skills and creativity needed to analyze requirements to their core, and to translate them into accurate development proposals. Also, you have the ability to understand use cases and the working processes of our clients. With your strong analytical skills, you are able to get to the core of their requirements and to place them into the correct context within the total solution. And of course, you recognize yourself in our core values.
In addition, the following aspects are important:
- The right to work in Canada is essential and the ability to easily travel to the UK and the Netherlands is highly advantageous
- You hold a bachelor or master’s degree, preferably in an exact science (e.g. Econometrics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or Physics)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, in English (required)
- Knowledge of MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in the investment industry (in particular with performance or risk management), affinity with databases, financial modeling and/or design of web applications is considered an advantage
- The same holds for experience within the investment industry and with performance or risk management in particular.
Who are we?
Working at Ortec Finance means working somewhere else. It means working in a world where colleagues meet, gather knowledge and where likeminded peers are always willing to help each other. Where the organizational culture is friendly, flat and non-political.
Working at Ortec Finance means working in a continuously innovating world where science, academics and mathematics dominate, since models are key in helping Ortec Finance’s clients with complex financial decisions. That’s what we love: giving our clients the best advice possible. The daily job is very in-depth, based on evidence and relevant for society; it means a job that matters. The learning curve is steep, we learn something new every single day. We need to because continuous innovation is key, especially in a fintech world.
Ortec Finance is the leading provider of technology and solutions for risk and return management. It is our purpose to enable people to manage the complexity of investment decisions. We do this through delivering leading technologies and solutions for investment decision-making to financial institutions around the world. Our strength lies in an effective combination of advanced models, innovative technology and in-depth market knowledge. More at www.ortecfinance.com.
More information or to apply?For more information regarding this position please contact the HR department at +31 10 700 5000 or send an email to email@example.com.
So, do you want to join Ortec Finance? Please use the application button. Be creative if you want.