Are you a curious, analytical and Security driven ICT-Professional? Do you enjoy taking Security to the next level? Then we are looking for you!
What will you do?We are a growing IT company with a strong focus on delivering secure services to our customers. We are looking for a Security Engineer who plays a key role in maintaining and improving our IT security posture. You are aware of the latest cyber threats and vulnerabilities and know how to respond and execute or initiate mitigating actions. You will identify and design improvements and realize changes.
Your activities and responsibilities include:
- Design and implement network security safeguards
- Network security monitoring and intrusion detection analysis
- Monitor and assess vulnerabilities in the infrastructure and initiate remediation
- Maintain and configure vulnerability management tooling
- Monitor, analyze and act on malicious endpoints and network activity
- Design and implement centralized security logging and monitoring
The Operations Department at Ortec Finance is the technological backbone of the organization. Together with about 20 colleagues in 3 specialist teams, you support customers and colleagues with IT infrastructure solutions. In our team, IT specialists and engineers work closely together in an open and professional culture with short communication lines. The organizational structure is flat, facilitating ownership and personal initiative to take on various interesting projects. As Security Engineer, you are a part of the Systems & Network Management Team. Innovation and using new technologies are important for the strategy of our organization.
Who are you?
Are you the colleague who:
- Has a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a similar direction
- Has 3 to 5 years’ work experience in either IT infrastructure operations or IT security operations
- Feels responsible for a secure infrastructure
- Is a real team player can easily communicate with stakeholders to get things done
- Has extensive knowledge and experience in networking, firewalls, vulnerability management, endpoint protection, threat prevention and security logging / monitoring
- Beneficially has security certifications as CISSP or CEH
In addition, you have:
- An analytical and problem solving mindset
- Good communication skills in both Dutch and English with customer orientation
- Skills to work independently and in teams
- A flexible mindset to work out-of-office hours occasionally, and willing to work on-call shifts in case of emergency support on our hosted products.
The vacancy offers more than just a challengeWe offer you a challenging and rewarding role in a growing company, while being part of an inspirational global business. A great working environment and opportunities for personal and professional career development. An active employee association that organizes various activities throughout the year and you will be part of an industry-leading global team, renowned for excellence!
You will earn a competitive salary, depending of course on your job and competency profile. In addition, we offer you excellent benefits, including:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a fixed 13th month;
- participation in a bonus policy;
- participation in the pension scheme;
- 27 vacation days (based on a full-time contract);
- possibility to buy extra vacation days;
- working from the office in Rotterdam;
- travel expenses compensation for your daily commute and business travel;
- a work environment with enthusiastic and fun colleagues!
Who are we?Working at Ortec Finance means working somewhere else. It means working in a world where colleagues meet, gather knowledge and where likeminded peers are always willing to help each other. Where the organizational culture is friendly, flat and non-political.
Working at Ortec Finance also means working in a continuously innovating world where science, academics and mathematics dominate, since models are key in helping Ortec Finance’ clients with complex financial decisions. Because that is what we love: giving our clients the best advice possible. Where the daily job is very in-dept, based on evidence and relevant for society. It means a job that matters. Where the learning curve is steep; we learn something new every single day. And we need to, because continuously innovation is key. Especially in a fin tech world. We do not necessarily follow all conventions. Because yes, we are a bit rebellious too.
Ortec Finance is the leading provider of technology and solutions for risk and return management. It is our purpose to enable people to manage the complexity of investment decisions. We do this through delivering leading technologies and solutions for investment decision-making to financial institutions around the world. Our strength lies in an effective combination of advanced models, innovative technology and in-depth market knowledge. More at www.ortecfinance.com
More information or to apply?
For more information regarding this position please contact Maruska John, Recruitment Assistant at +31 10 700 5000. To apply, please use the application button to send us your CV and cover letter.
We hope to meet you soon!
- Experienced Professional