What will you do as a Senior Consultant Insurance Strategy?
As an experienced consultant you lead or contribute to a variety of activities within projects in the field of financial risk management for large and medium-sized insurance companies. Financial risk management extensively covers advice assignments in the field of Asset Liability Management (ALM), investment advice and risk monitoring. You are responsible for various insurance customers and projects. You help them to find out, through modeling and analysis, what impact policy decisions have on their (financial) position; not only now, but also in the future. You support clients with substantive issues concerning their investment, product and/or dividend policy or you work together with clients on their ORSA and/or monitoring processes. You are working from our office in Rotterdam or Amsterdam but you are also visiting our clients. The activities will also be aimed at insurers abroad.
This is what you contribute as Senior Consultant Insurance Strategy
You will be part of our Insurance Strategy team. The team is dedicated to enable our clients in the insurance and asset management sector to manage the complexity of investment decision making and enhance enterprise risk management. We design, build, and apply solutions for (dynamic) risk management, such as ALM analyses, ORSA calculations and the valuation of embedded options. We do this for all types of insurance companies – e.g. life, non-life, health and composite insurers – with a global perspective. You will be on the frontline to support our clients both in an advisory and project-driven role as well as ongoing support for our clients that have licensed our software solution.
What do you bring for this position:
- You successfully completed a quantitative university study with economic aspects, for example Business Economics with an emphasis on Financing and Investment, Econometrics or Quantitative Economics;
- A broad experience (at least 5-7 years) in the field of investment and risk management issues for insurers;
- You maintain relationships with customers and ensure (independently) a further expansion thereof;
- Completed CFA, VBA or FRM training is an advantage;
- Strong communication skills and experience with complex matters to be able to communicate and report to stakeholders in a simple way;
- Analytical attitude and good communication skills (both in Dutch and in English).
The vacancy offers more than just a challenge
We offer you a challenging and rewarding role in a growing company, while being part of an inspirational global business. A great working environment and opportunities for personal and professional career development. An active employee association that organizes various activities throughout the year and you will be part of an industry-leading global team, renowned for excellence!
You will earn a competitive salary, depending of course on your job and competency profile. In addition we offer you excellent benefits, including:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a fixed 13th month;
- participation in a bonus policy;
- participation in the pension scheme;
- 27 vacation days (based on a full-time contract);
- possibility to buy extra vacation days;
- working from the office in Rotterdam or Amsterdam;
- travel expenses compensation for your daily commute and business travel;
- a work environment with enthusiastic and fun colleagues!
Who are we?
Working at Ortec Finance means working somewhere else. It means working in a world where colleagues meet, gather knowledge and where likeminded peers are always willing to help each other. Where the organizational culture is friendly, flat and non-political.
Working at Ortec Finance also means working in a continuously innovating world where science, academics and mathematics dominate, since models are key in helping Ortec Finance’ clients with complex financial decisions. Because that’s what we love: giving our clients the best advice possible. Where the daily job is very in-dept, based on evidence and relevant for society. It means a job that matters. Where the learning curve is steep; we learn something new every single day. And we need to, because continuously innovation is key. Especially in a fin tech world. We don’t necessarily follow all conventions. Because yes, we are a bit rebellious too.
Ortec Finance is the leading provider of technology and solutions for risk and return management. It is our purpose to enable people to manage the complexity of investment decisions. We do this through delivering leading technologies and solutions for investment decision-making to financial institutions around the world. Our strength lies in an effective combination of advanced models, innovative technology and in-depth market knowledge. More at www.ortecfinance.com.
More information or to apply?
For more information regarding this position please contact Linda Hooft, Team Leader Insurance Strategy at +31 10 700 5612. To apply, please use the application button to send us your CV and cover letter.
We hope to meet you soon!
- Experienced Professional
- Rotterdam & Amsterdam