Are you an experienced Oracle database engineer and are you interested in working on a leading fintech product? Then join us in the position of Senior Oracle database developer PLSQL and take a leading role within our growing Investment Performance solution!
The Investment Performance SolutionWithin Ortec Finance, the Investment Performance (IP) solution is centered around the development, implementation and support of our PEARL software product. Our solution enables our clients to analyze and report on the performance of investment portfolios, and to gain insight into how different investment strategies and decisions contributed to the total result of a portfolio. PEARL is used by a growing number of leading investment organizations around the world.
The position of Senior Oracle database developer PLSQLAs Senior Oracle database developer PLSQL, you are part of the Development team within the IP solution. The team currently consists of database & model specialists, front-end web developers, Backend experts and business and test analysts. The team works based on Agile development principles.
As senior developer you take responsibility for all development related to the database and the calculation engine which runs on it. You are able to work independently and can lead and steer the other database experts in the team. You have a drive to deliver high quality software, and play a leading role in achieving this goal. Besides being an excellent developer yourself, this includes among others:
- Based on functional requirements, you are able to create a technical design covering all database and calculation aspects of a feature:
- Translate reporting wishes to changes in calculations and algorithms
- Data modeling of configuration parameters and output structures
- Data flow through the application
- You are able to thoroughly understand requirements, and have the ability to oversee the big picture for the software platform as a whole;
- You serve as a technical resource to others. You review and give advice concerning database use patterns used in application programs;
- You maintain a competent level of technical knowledge about database management systems, programming fundamentals, programming languages, and structured techniques.
- You work closely with functional experts and stakeholders during refinement, development and acceptance phases;
Who are you
- You hold a bachelor or master degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or another technical or exact field;
- You have at least 7 years of experience with Oracle Database development, including:
- Logical and physical database design;
- Using, writing, debugging and testing complex SQL statements and PL/SQL algorithms in stored procedures;
- Using unit tests to validate your work;
- Performance tuning and supporting application debugging;
- You have broad experience with Agile software development processes (e.g. scrum) and version control/testing/deployment tools (e.g. Git, JIRA, Jenkins, MS Azure DevOps).
- You possess strong verbal and written communication skills, in English (required) and Dutch (advantage);
- Experience with mathematical modeling, preferably in the area of investment analysis, is considered a strong advantage;
- Experience with ETL, reporting processes and/or Java ORM techniques and Object Oriented languages is considered an advantage;
What can you expect from Ortec Finance?Ortec Finance is a global provider of technology and solutions for financial institutions. We enable people to make better investment decisions. We support pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, insurers, banks, asset managers, financial planners and real estate managers across the globe. Our organization employs highly educated employees and invests in their careers. Our corporate culture is open and informal; we are always receptive to good ideas. We offer you plenty of room to fully apply your talents and highly value an entrepreneurial spirit.
Terms of employmentWe offer you a job in a challenging and inspiring environment with excellent training and career opportunities. At Ortec Finance, you will have the possibility to combine IT, mathematical models and specific market knowledge in your work.
You will earn a competitive salary. In addition, we offer you excellent secondary benefits, including:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- Fixed 13th month;
- Participation in a bonus policy;
- Participation in the company pension scheme;
- 27 vacation days (on a full-time contract), with the possibility to buy additional vacation days;
- Your working location will be our Amsterdam or Rotterdam office. We offer a flexible working policy, including the option to (partially) work from home.
- Compensation for your travelling expenses (daily commute and business travel);
- A pleasant working environment with enthusiastic and fun colleagues!
More information or apply?For more information regarding this position please contact Leonie Valkenburg - van Popering (HR Business Partner) at
+31 10 700 50 00. To apply, please use the application button at the top right of the page to send us your cover letter and CV.
We hope to meet you soon!
- Experienced Professional
- Rotterdam/ Amsterdam