Calling all Software Engineers looking to satisfy an interest in financial modeling, mathematics (or even econometrics), or those who are just looking for a completely new field of challenges!
What do we have to offer?
The Scenario & Asset Valuation (SAV) solution within Ortec Finance is looking for an enthusiastic software engineer. Like the other solutions within Ortec Finance, the SAV solution is a group of people fully end to end responsible for a complete business process – from technology to consultancy and support – in our case of supplying our clients with scenarios of economic variables and asset values.
The SAV engineering team builds and maintains the technology framework of the SAV solution. We are responsible for the modeling engine that is the fundament of Ortec Finance's flagship software offering (GLASS, built using C#). For the quantitative team within our solution, we automate modeling workflows and supply and support internal tools used for economic scenario production (Python combined with C#).
Another strong ambition we have is to further embrace cloud. We want to offer our economic scenario generation models as a SaaS solution and already deliver pre-calculated scenarios via API's. Cloud technologies include containers, K8s, Red Hat OpenShift, Azure and other cloud-native technologies.
What’s the job like?
The job requires developers who want to learn new skills as well as specialize. New skills could be the mathematics involved, or the coding skills needed to make it all work. Developers are responsible for stories from requirements gathering all the way down to coding, reviewing, testing, and integrating work with those of others. All is built using a modern C# stack, with some Python involved too. You could code a story by yourself or work together, with developers but also work with consultants, clients, and other stakeholders. Developer life at Ortec Finance is explained by Lisette here.
What’s in it for you?
We offer you a challenging and rewarding role in a growing company, while being part of an inspirational global business with a lot of opportunities for personal and professional career development. The salary range for this position is roughly 60K - 78K on yearly basis (including estimated variable pay, fixed 13th month, 8% holiday allowance), dependent on your role, competency profile and experience. In addition to this competitive salary, we offer you excellent benefits, including:
- Hybrid working, meaning a minimum of two days at the office and the possibility to work three from home (of course you’re welcome to work every day at the office) – our main office is in Rotterdam, beautifully located overlooking the Nieuwe Maas near Blaak station and we have a roomy Amsterdam office under two minutes’ walk from Sloterdijk station.
- You start with a one-year contract, and we offer the prospect of a permanent contract because we strive for a long-term collaboration.
- Fixed 13th month, 8% holiday allowance, participation in a bonus scheme (based on achieving pre-determined set of KPI’s, a bonus of 12% of the annual salary can be earned), participation in the pension scheme, commute, and business travel allowance, working from home allowance, 27 vacation days and the possibility to buy more.
- An open and inclusive work environment (Active staff association, staff social events, annual summer, and Christmas party and much more) with inspiring, smart, and enthusiastic colleagues.
What more is there to know?
Like all teams within Ortec Finance, we value honest and open collaboration. We maintain a safe and supportive atmosphere and we enjoy creating products we are proud of.
Open, lively, and direct communication is king. Owning your work, having a pro-active attitude, and showing dedication, energy and ambition will get you far within Ortec Finance. We understand that software development is a team effort that benefits from diverse roles and backgrounds. Diversity and inclusiveness are both top priorities here.
Ortec Finance is built by sharp thinkers and financial modeling is not to be taken lightly. So, an analytical mind is certainly a benefit here. And naturally, you identify with our core values. In addition, the following aspects are important:
- a Bachelors/Masters background in either software engineering or having mathematical or computational science expertise, or both (!)
- Bonus points awarded for knowledge in quantitative fields like statistics or econometrics.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years working experience as a software engineer.
Who are we?
Working at Ortec Finance means working somewhere else. It means working in a world where colleagues meet, gather knowledge and where likeminded peers are always willing to help each other. Where the organizational culture is friendly, flat, and non-political.
Working at Ortec Finance also means working in a continuously innovating world where science, academics and mathematics dominate, since models are key in helping Ortec Finance’ clients with complex financial decisions. Because that’s what we love: giving our clients the best advice possible. Where the daily job is very in-dept, based on evidence and relevant for society. It means a job that matters. Where the learning curve is steep; we learn something new every single day. And we need to, because continuously innovation is key. Especially in a fin tech world. We don’t necessarily follow all conventions. Because yes, we are a bit rebellious too.
Ortec Finance is the leading provider of technology and solutions for risk and return management. It is our purpose to enable people to manage the complexity of investment decisions. We do this through delivering leading technologies and solutions for investment decision-making to financial institutions around the world. Our strength lies in an effective combination of advanced models, innovative technology and in-depth market knowledge. More at www.ortecfinance.com.
Looking for more information or do you want to apply?
For more information regarding this position please contact Djoerd de Fost, SAV Team Lead Engineering at +31 10 700 5000 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please use the application button to send us your CV and optional cover letter. Be creative if you want to.
We hope to meet you soon!
- Experienced Professional
- Rotterdam & Amsterdam