Do you have experience working in the field of financial risk management for insurance companies? Do you excel at simplifying and solving complex problems? Are you client oriented and a team player and do you want to service our diverse and international client base? Join us to develop yourself and be a part of our customer team, going for the best result for our customers.
What do we have to offer?
You will be part of our Insurance Strategy team. This team is dedicated to enable our clients in the insurance and asset management sector to manage the complexity of investment decision making and enhance enterprise risk management. We design, build, and apply solutions for (dynamic) risk management, such as ALM analyses, ORSA calculations, investment advice and risk monitoring. We do this for all types of insurance companies – e.g. life, non-life, health and composite insurers – with a global perspective.
- You will act as project lead and manage project members;
- You will support our clients both in an advisory and project-driven role as well as ongoing support for our clients that have licensed our software solution;
- You will support our sales activities.
You are responsible for managing a portfolio of insurance clients and projects. You help clients to find out, through modeling and analysis, what impact policy decisions have on their (financial) position; not only now, but also in the future. You support clients with substantive issues concerning their investment, product and/or dividend policy or you work together with clients on their ORSA and/or monitoring processes. You are working from our office in Rotterdam, but you are also visiting our clients. The activities will also be aimed at insurers abroad, including Asia and US.
What’s in it for you?
We offer you a challenging and rewarding role in a growing company, while being part of an inspirational global business with a lot of opportunities for personal and professional career development. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer you excellent benefits, including:
- An open and informal work environment (Active staff association, annual ski trip, staff social events, annual summer and Christmas party and much more) with inspiring, smart and enthusiastic colleagues;
- Opportunities to develop yourself with a training program as well as weekly research and knowledge meetings;
- Hybrid working (Working from the office in Rotterdam with possibility to partly work from your home office);
- The prospect of a permanent contract, because we strive for a long-term collaboration.
Who are you?
You have strong project management skills and can manage colleagues within your projects in an efficient way. You are customer orientated and can clearly and effectively communicate complex matters to clients and senior stakeholders. You enjoy working together with your team members, interacting with customers and maintaining relationships with customers. And of course, you recognize yourself in our core values.
In addition, the following aspects are important:
- You have a master’s degree in a quantitative study with financial aspects, for example Business Economics with an emphasis on Financing and Investment, Econometrics or Quantitative Economics;
- You have at least 5-7 years of in the field of investment and risk management with exposure to insurers;
- Being fluent in Dutch and English is a requirement.
Who are we?
Working at Ortec Finance means working somewhere else. It means working in a world where colleagues meet, gather knowledge and where likeminded peers are always willing to help each other. Where the organizational culture is friendly, flat and non-political.
Working at Ortec Finance also means working in a continuously innovating world where science, academics and mathematics dominate, since models are key in helping Ortec Finance’ clients with complex financial decisions. Because that’s what we love: giving our clients the best advice possible. Where the daily job is very in-depth, based on evidence and relevant for society. It means a job that matters. Where the learning curve is steep; we learn something new every single day. And we need to, because continuous innovation is key. Especially in a fin tech world. We don’t necessarily follow all conventions. Because yes, we are a bit rebellious too.
Ortec Finance is the leading provider of technology and solutions for risk and return management. It is our purpose to enable people to manage the complexity of investment decisions. We do this through delivering leading technologies and solutions for investment decision-making to financial institutions around the world. Our strength lies in an effective combination of advanced models, innovative technology and in-depth market knowledge. More at www.ortecfinance.com.
More information or do you want to apply?
For more information regarding this position please contact Maruska John, Recruitment Officer, at +31 10 700 5000 or send an email to email@example.com.
So, do you want to join Ortec Finance? Please use the application button. Be creative if you want.
- Experienced Professional