As an independent specialist Ortec Finance offers the Risk Navigator service, a strategic risk management service for Insurance Companies. The Risk Navigator provides you with a clear framework that provides an up-to-date overview of the financial risks from a holistic balance sheet perspective, including periodic guidance on how and when to manage these risks.
This means the service has a clear signal function. The Risk Navigator has a modular set-up, so that it can be made to fit your specific needs . Its findings and results can be presented in a format tailored to your specific requirements.
The Risk Navigator service provides a clear signal function, including guidance on how to manage risks.
Insurance Companies face many complexities when it comes to making decisions about their investment portfolios. Some tend to focus on the micro-level, whereas macro-level decisions usually have a greater impact on risk and return. Changes in your financial position or market circumstances demand regular evaluation of your strategic risks and return objectives. To what degree are long-term and short-term strategic objectives still feasible? Are risks still within the risk budget? How have market circumstances developed over time, what does this mean for the risk and return outlook in the short and medium term, and how could this be translated in terms of your (dynamic) investment policy?
Consistent ALM simulation software
The Ortec Finance Risk Navigator service provides insight into these relevant questions and fits seamlessly into the overall Strategic Risk Management process. It covers the feedback loop of evaluation of the specific objectives and risk appetite, as formulated in the ALM phase. To this purpose, Ortec Finance uses a consistent ALM simulation model (GLASS), which replicates integrated long-term and short-term risks and returns. The Risk Navigator service will be set up within your own organization and is accessible to you at a moment’s notice.
Strategic Risk Management
- Strategic risk management process based on consistent short-term and long-term assessment of risk and return
- Keep track of strategic objectives and risks, including communication with stakeholders
- Signal function from a holistic balance sheet perspective
Periodic guidance on how and when to manage risks
- Ensure all stakeholders receive appropriate reporting
- Visually display the key risk analysis tailored to your specific needs
- Simulation of balance sheet with large number of scenarios
- Identify the most important risk drivers
- Improve understanding of balance sheet dynamics
- What-if analysis to assess impact of policy alternatives