Do you want to work at a fast-growing international company and do have an affinity with finance and programming? Do you want to contribute to society, not just by helping improve people’s savings and pensions, but also by innovating on cutting edge software challenges? If so, keep on reading, for we may be looking for you!
What will you do as Quantitative Financial Developer?
As a Quantitative Financial Developer, you are responsible for maintaining and developing the infrastructure of the quantitative models used by clients, business specialists and quantitative financial analysts. You design and promote tools around data processing and updating processes to further improve/automate them. In addition, you are responsible for the monthly update of the models and underlying data. You bridge the gap between quantitative financial analysts and software developers, and work together with them on technically challenging innovation projects, for example involving large or complex data sets. You play a crucial role in the continuity of the quantitative models, developing state-of-the-art infrastructure and thereby contributing to the continued success of Ortec Finance.
The Scenario & Asset Valuation (SAV) solution
SAV is end-to-end responsible for the innovation, calibration, software, and maintenance of our economic scenario generators and is in direct contact with its clients. The economic scenario generators are available as real-world scenarios for investment and risk management purposes, and as risk-neutral (or arbitrage free) scenarios for valuation purposes. The real-world economic scenario generator is the Ortec Finance Scenario set (OFS) which provides the valuations and risks of various asset classes in the present and future. The OFS creates real-world stochastic scenarios with a worldwide asset class coverage and provides the financial risk and return expectations for more than 600 risk-drivers for a short-, medium- and long-term horizon. The OFS is calibrated and analyzed with our Dynamic Scenario Generator (DSG) software. The risk-neutral economic scenario generator (RN-scenarios) enables actuaries and finance professionals to perform market-consistent valuations of optionality in insurance liabilities and of financial contingent claims more generally. The OFS, DSG and RN-scenarios are a cornerstone in the advisory services Ortec Finance provides to its clients and serves as a crucial input in the financial decision making for applications such as ALM and risk management for pension funds, insurance companies, asset managers, sovereign wealth funds and private wealth management all over the world. SAV is an innovative multidisciplinary group of about 30 persons with Quantitative Financial Analysts, Business Specialists and Quantitative and Software Developers.
See the VIDEO to learn more about this team!
What makes you our Quantitative Financial Developer?
As Quantitative Financial Developer, you are a team player, result oriented and you have a proactive attitude. You really want to make a difference in this role! And of course, you recognize yourself in our core values.
Furthermore, we expect the following from you:
- Affinity with both finance and programming is a must.
- University degree in a quantitative field, such as Econometrics, Mathematics, Physics, Business Analytics, Computer Science, or Engineering.
- Strong programming skills in preferably Python, or at least some other object-oriented programming language.
- Excellent communications skills in English, both written and orally, and an active participation in the team.
- 0-2 years of relevant work experience.
The vacancy offers more than just a challenge
We offer you a challenging and rewarding role in a growing company, while being part of an inspirational global business with a lot of opportunities for personal and professional career development. And you will be part of an industry-leading global team, renowned for excellence! The salary range is EURO 53,000 – 60,000 on a yearly basis (including variable pay, 13th month, holiday allowance), dependent on your role, competency profile and experience.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer you excellent benefits, including:
- participation in the pension scheme.
- commuting and business travel allowance.
- hybrid work and working from home allowance.
- 27 vacation days and the possibility to buy more.
- The prospect of a permanent contract, because we strive for a long-term collaboration.
On top op that, Ortec Finance has:
- An open and informal work environment (Active staff association, annual ski trip, staff social events, annual summer and Christmas party and much more) with inspiring, smart and enthusiastic colleagues.
- Opportunities to develop yourself with a training program as well as weekly research and knowledge meetings.
- Hybrid working, meaning working at the office in Rotterdam, with the possibility to work partly from home (of course you’re welcome to work every day at the office) – our main office is in Rotterdam, beautifully located overlooking the Nieuwe Maas near Blaak station and we have a roomy Amsterdam office under two minutes’ walk from Sloterdijk station.
Who are we?
Working at Ortec Finance means working somewhere else. It means working in a world where colleagues meet, gather knowledge and where likeminded peers are always willing to help each other. Where the organizational culture is friendly, flat and non-political.
Working at Ortec Finance also means working in a continuously innovating world where science, academics and mathematics dominate, since models are key in helping Ortec Finance’ clients with complex financial decisions. Because that’s what we love: giving our clients the best advice possible. Where the daily job is very in-dept, based on evidence and relevant for society. It means a job that matters. Where the learning curve is steep; we learn something new every single day. And we need to, because continuously innovation is key. Especially in a fin tech world. We don’t necessarily follow all conventions. Because yes, we are a bit rebellious too.
Ortec Finance is the leading provider of technology and solutions for risk and return management. It is our purpose to enable people to manage the complexity of investment decisions. We do this through delivering leading technologies and solutions for investment decision-making to financial institutions around the world. Our strength lies in an effective combination of advanced models, innovative technology and in-depth market knowledge. More at www.ortecfinance.com.
More information or to apply?
For more information regarding this position please contact Maruska John (Recruitment) at +31 10 700 5000. To apply, please use the application button to send us your CV and cover letter.
We hope to meet you soon!
- Young Professional
- Rotterdam & Amsterdam