Ortec Finance is a leading Asset Liability Management (ALM) and Own Risk and Solvency Assessment (ORSA) provider for insurance companies. As an independent specialist, Ortec Finance provides you with a complete and consistent risk management simulation software solution (GLASS) for modelling insurance liabilities, asset classes, investment policies, and economic scenarios. An ALM or ORSA analysis aims to improve your understanding of balance sheet dynamics to support strategic decision making and achieve the company's objectives.
Ortec Finance offers ALM and ORSA solutions in the form of software as well as a set of services. The risk management software enables you to control strategic decisions in-house. Alternatively, the service model provides access to highly skilled consultants and reporting services. This covers all types of insurance companies, such as Life, Non-Life, and Health insurers.
As an insurer you need to manage your balance sheet effectively in order to provide certainty for policy holders, while simultaneously safeguarding the interests of other stakeholders such as regulators and shareholders. You need to identify the major risk sources and gain insight in the impact on the future development of assets, liabilities, and ultimately your solvency position. Based on the insight that an ALM or ORSA analysis provides, senior management and trustees can formulate a strategic policy that aims to achieve the strategic objectives while reflecting the interests and risk appetite of all stakeholders.
ALM and ORSA analyses provide insight which allows senior management to formulate a strategic policy that aims to achieve strategic objectives, reflecting the interests and risk appetite of all stakeholders.
Creating a strategic policy framework
The outcome of an ALM exercise is a strategic policy framework This includes an integrated (dynamic) investment, product, and company policy which takes into account the relevant regulatory requirements. You can also use an ALM analysis to support a more detailed specification of a policy instrument, such as an investment policy analysis to address various allocation and hedging strategies, new and alternative asset classes, leverage, derivatives, and more.
Continuous evaluation of your investment strategy
A specification of your strategic policy refers to the first steps of the Strategic Risk Management framework. Over time, changes in the financial position or in market circumstances will affect the feasibility of your strategic objectives and the risk budget. This requires continuous evaluation of the strategy, referred to as Strategic Risk Management. For this purpose, Ortec Finance offers a consistent risk management simulation model (GLASS), which replicates integrated long term and short term risks and returns.
Experienced global service provider
- Leading ALM/ORSA provider for insurers and pension funds worldwide
- Extensive possibilities for investment strategy analysis, including derivatives (overlays), private asset classes, life cycle, or target date funds
- Expertise in configuring specific insurance products and valuation rules
- Multinational approach enables aggregation of entities with differences in currency, insurance products, and regulatory requirements
Thorough Risk Assessment
- Monthly and annual simulations support the complete Strategic Risk Management framework for long-term and short-term strategy formulation and evaluation in a consistent way
- One-of-a-kind economic scenario generator (DSG) and Ortec Finance Scenario set (OFS) with a worldwide coverage of more than 600 economic variables and benchmarks
- Sophisticated software and strategic advise based on three decades of experience with our world-wide client base