Improve financial decision making and understand the risk and return consequences of management actions based on a total balance sheet approach with GLASS. This risk management platform integrates liabilities, investments and economic scenarios across multiple entities and applications backed by flexible reporting and analysis. Providing you with the ability to allocate capital more efficiently and a more targeted manner.
Insurance companies face many complexities when it comes to making decisions about their investment portfolios. Some tend to focus on the micro-level, whereas macro-level decisions usually have a greater impact on risk and return.
Changes in your financial position or market circumstances demand regular evaluation of your strategic risks and return objectives:
- To what degree are long-term and short-term strategic objectives still feasible?
- Are risks still within the risk budget?
- What do adjusted market circumstances mean for the risk and return outlook in the short and medium term?
- And how can this be translated in terms of your (dynamic) investment policy?
Comprehensive ALM simulation software
GLASS is a comprehensive balance sheet management solution specifically tailored for life, nonlife, and composite insurers. Its flexible modular structure allows it to be deployed across your investment, actuarial, and risk management functions, as well as at a consolidated level.
GLASS includes Ortec Finance’s Economic Scenario Generator. GLASS enables investment strategy optimization and executing your Enterprise Risk Management.
Enterprise Risk Management for insurance companies
- Enterprise risk-management process based on consistent short-term and long-term assessment of risk and return
- Keep track of strategic objectives and risks, including communication with stakeholders
- Signal function from a holistic balance sheet perspective
- Periodic guidance on how and when to manage risks
- Ensure all stakeholders receive appropriate reporting
- Visually display the key risk analysis tailored to your specific needs
- Simulation of balance sheet with large number of scenarios
- Identify the most important risk drivers
- Improve understanding of balance sheet dynamics
- What-if analysis to assess impact of policy alternatives