Climate ALIGN monitors portfolio alignment with net-zero emissions by 2050
Climate ALIGN helps financial institutions gain a forward-looking perspective of their portfolios' impact on the climate at a holdings-level through evaluating its Implied Temperature Rise (ITR).
We work with a combination of proprietary and open source data inputs and methodologies to continually stay abreast of the latest developments in a rapidly evolving field.
We currently cover listed equity, corporate credit, sovereign debt, and real estate (coming soon: private assets).
- Jointly with Climate MAPS, we offer consistent financial climate risk/return and ITR score perspectives through our partnership with Cambridge Econometrics' E3ME model.
- Research based.
- Covers individual holdings, asset classes and total portfolio levels.
Financial institutions can use Climate ALIGN to:
- Develop GHG emissions reduction targets
- Consistently monitor progress against set targets
- Develop engagement strategies
- Help with strategic security selection and allocation decisions
- Showcase net-zero alignment leadership
- Prepare for expected climate-related disclosure regulation
Innovation showcase: Looking one step ahead - mitigating climate related financial risks and beyond
At the annual Economist Climate Risk Virtual Week Europe, Willemijn Verdegaal speaks about how portfolio alignment & climate scenario tools can consistently be combined to inform a net-zero strategy.